Image Map

Wednesday 3 July 2013

Nars Sheer Glow Foundation: Siberia

Earlier this week I showed you the new Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer, which I love. I'm equally enamoured with the brand's Sheer Glow Foundation, designed for normal, normal-to-dry and dry skin types. It comes in 20 shades, of which I have the lightest, Siberia (what a name, eh?) and is fragrance free. 

Nars Sheer Glow Foundation in Siberia
This is a satin-finish foundation with sheer but buildable coverage. It's designed to soften and smooth skin, improving radiance and tone. I found it really easy to apply- one layer with a foundation brush blended easily and without a doubt improved the overall appearance of my skin, as you can see below. 

Nars Sheer Glow Foundation: Siberia

Siberia is a neutral balance of pink and yellow undertones, which suits me perfectly as I am apparently neutral toned. My skin tends to be dry but does feel lovely and soft when I wear this and I find I don't require any powder to set it. If your skin is oily naturally the Nars Sheer Matte foundation may be a better match for you. 
The only negative I can say about this is the lack of a pump with the bottle- I had to buy the one you see in the photo separately. At only 4 euro, this wasn't exactly a major tragedy but the foundation itself is 40 euro so for that price, you'd imagine making the product more convenient to use would be a given. Other than that, I love this. Along with L'anome's Teint Idole, I think I've now found two pretty perfect foundations.

Pre and post Sheer Glow, no filter used..and no, I don't know why my hair looks better in the second photo either. The Power of Nars.

Anyone else as in love with Sheer Glow as me?
P.s A special thanks to Yvonne from One For the Wishlist who gave me a gentle shove in the Sheer Glow direction :)
XX

8 comments:

  1. He he, a nudge, more like pushed you headlong into a Nars counter. Glad you like it hun, it looks lovely on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. Really need to pick up a pump next time I'm up in BTs in Dub. No NARS counter down here and postage is insane from NARS for a €4 pump!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit much alright. I got free delivery as I was getting the foundation & concealer but I would no more pay p & p on a 4 euro pump!

      Delete
  3. Ooh pretty! Does seem a bit rich that they want another €4 from you after shelling out so much though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Happened to me before with a Mac foundation too, kind of resent having to buy it but it's so much handier than pouring it out onto your hand!

      Delete
  4. God now I have to try it again after this... I wasn't sure if I liked it the first time I tried it lol. Great review Hun :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so pretty! I've heard such positive things about this foundation, and this looks amazing on you. I'm especially interested in it's hair amazifying qualities:) But sure your hair is pretty anyways!

    ReplyDelete