Some of you may remember me recently waffling on on Twitter about the wonderousness that is my lovely sister in law's cheesecake. I promised then that the next time she made it, I would photograph it (before it would undoubtedly be demolished), get the recipe and reproduce it here for you. So, to reiterate, I had nothing to do with the making of this yumminess, merely the eating of two large slices whilst extolling the virtues of Philadelphia and Toblerones (not easy to do with a mouthful of cheesecake going on).
300g Cream Cheese (Philadelphia, but you can use any one really)
200ml Double Cream
250g filling (you can pick whatever you want for this, Ailbhe uses raspberries and white chocolate a lot of the time but blueberries or a more citrus slant with orange zest and dark chocolate would be equally delicious..ooh)
1) Crumble biscuits. Melt the butter and mix together with the biscuits, place into your dish to form the base, spreading out evenly.
2) Next, mix the cream cheese, cream and sugar until smooth.
3) Add in your chocolate filling (in this case, delicious chucks of Toblerone and Crunchie...nom nom nom)
4) Spread over top of biscuit base, cover with cling film and leave in the fridge for at least two and a half hours.
5) Eat with a large, warming mug of tea or coffee with the fire and woolly socks on (very Autumn appropriate, this).
6) Lastly, make a holy show of yourself as you try and scrape up what tiny amounts remain on your own plate.
Made anything delicious yourself recently? I need inspiration! Let me know in the comments if you have or if you're going to try your hand at this most fantastic creation!