Image Map

Monday 1 July 2013

Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer: Vanilla

For a concealer, I was unexpectedly excited about getting this. I recently trotted off and got matched to the shade 'Vanilla' and was delighted with myself until I was told that both that and a similarly flattering shade on me 'Chantilly' were both out of stock and could apparently not be found anywhere in Europe. So off I trotted again but this time to the internet and to the Nars EU site where I found both shades. As an aside, the service from the Nars EU website was excellent AND I was sent free minis to try, which is always great. Huzzah! 

Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer: Vanilla

This is Vanilla, Nars describe it as a lightweight medium to high buildable coverage concealer to even skin tone, diminish fine lines and signs of fatigue. To be honest, I've been on the hunt for the perfect concealer for years now, especially of late as my undereye bags have begun to resemble large craters of doom and no concealer was really doing the job. I've tried Bobbi Brown, MAC, Collection, Bourjois, L'ancome and Benefit- all with their pluses but just not the ideal.

Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer: Vanilla

This, however, pretty much does what it says on the tin, or fancy looking tube as the case may be. When I first put this on and blended it in I actually exclaimed loudly "Oooh!' because it really is just a fantastic concealer. Dark bags- gone. Old spot marks- gone. New spots- gone. Yes, this baby is good.

Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer: Vanilla
Pre (shudder) and post concealer

 Obviously when I say gone, I don't mean vanished, it's good but it's not magical. What I particularly like is that it doesn't crease under my eyes, nor is there any strange brown undertones in it (like how I find in the Collection concealer). So far I'm loving it and may have found my Holy Grail concealer. We shall see.
Anyone else tried the new Nars concealer? If so, what did you think?
XX

12 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this stuff - perfect for both spots and undereye circles. Have used it daily since I got it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good, isn't it? Best concealer I've found! x

      Delete
  2. Ooh. I might just have to add this to my list. I have hereditary dark circles so it's impossible to deal with. I'm currently using Benefit's Erase Paste but it does crease under my eyes so I plan to try different one after I finish with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been using erase paste too and also found it creased! This is definitely a good alternative!

      Delete
  3. Love it, glad you love it too after talking you into buying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There'll be a similarly gushing post about the sheer glow coming up soon that's all down to you too! :) x

      Delete
  4. Dying to try this. Have been stalking the NARS counter in Brown Thomas waiting for the lighter shades to come back in stock :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They put me on the waiting list in bts but that was a month ago so I just got it online instead! Free delivery over 50 euro and they generally have some free stuff offers too! :)

      Delete
  5. I'm also dying to try this, do you need to set it with powder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always set concealer under my eyes with powder out of habit but to be honest I don't know that it's particularly necessary with this- it doesnt look shiny and it tends not to slip about the place.

      Delete
  6. Oh I really wanna try this!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really highly recommend it, like I said in the post, I've tried a lot of concealers, think this is the best yet! xx

      Delete