Image Map

Friday 5 July 2013

Nars Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil: New Lover

My own personal "Nars Appreciation Week" is finally coming to an end! This was one of the free minis I got with my new Nars Concealer and Foundation, I have the shade "New Lover". It's one of the new gloss lip pencils- usually these are jumbo sized (about the size of a chubby stick I'd imagine), my mini is obviously a bit smaller but still generous nonetheless. These contain Vitamin E and hyaluronic spheres to moisturise, increase hydration and improve barrier function

Nars Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil in New Lover
What I really love about this pencil is that it's as pigmented as a lipstick but has the moisturising properties of a balm and the shine of a gloss. It also has good lasting power- I did need to retouch after eating but the colour fades well and doesn't leave any unpleasant stain ring around the lips but does leave an overall feeling of softness in it's wake. Also, it's ridiculously easy to apply- I mean you can't go wrong, throw this in your bag and lash it on as needed- no need for a mirror. 

Nars Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil in New Lover
Nars describe this as a gold infused strawberry pink, which I would agree with. For some reason it would not photograph on my lips how it actually looks though- in reality it's kind of like a very pigmented lip gloss version of Orgasm blush. Anyway, it's a very pretty colour, enhancing the natural pigmentation without any tackiness and the added gold flecks make the lips appear fuller. 

Nars Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil in New Lover

This just feels and looks lovely on the lips and I'd be interested in checking out the other shades in the range, except that at 25 euro it seems a bit pricey to me, especially as it's a pencil it'll need to be sharpened, losing product when you do.
Anyone else tried the Nars Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil? If so, what did you think?
XX

4 comments:

  1. Sounds amazing! I hope you'll be sporting it this evening ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't get it to photograph true to shade at all either, but I'm crap at taking photos, need to investigate the ins and outs of my camera. It is lovely isn't it. You could try the satin or matte versions, I have one of the matte ones and it doesn't wear down as quickly as the lip one as it's not as soft and squishy so it wouldn't need to be sharpened as often. I have mine a month now and have worn it a few times and have not yet had to sharpen it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've worn mine every day since I got it, still seems to be going strong but I can see myself actually using this up which is rare for me with a lip product!

      Delete