Image Map

Tuesday 5 May 2015

Nivea Q10 Serum Pearls | Review

A couple of months ago I was sent the new Nivea Q10 Serum Pearls plus the accompanying day, night and eye creams to try out. I've been putting them to the test since then and here's how I got on. 

Nivea have been using Q10 to combat signs of ageing for over 15 years now but this is the most powerful addition to the range to date.

The brand says that the "Anti-wrinkle Serum Pearls contain the highest ever dose of coenzyme Q10 in a patented suspended pearls technology. Clinical trials have proven that the breakthrough formula and dispenser visibly reduce the appearance of wrinkles".

Nivea Q10 plus anti wrinkle range

I was actually intrigued by the serum as it's nothing like anything I've tried before. The serum pearls are full of coenzyme Q10 and are suspended in a moisturising clear hydro gel that contains three top skincare ingredients; coenzyme Q10 (used for skin cell's energy production, helps prevent against oxidative damage), Hyaluronic Acid (wonder product, absorbs up to a thousand times its own weight in water so it acts as a filler, plumper and smoother) and Creatinine (boosts protection, performance and activity of skin cells). When you press the pump down, the Q10 pearls dissolve and blend with the hydro gel. Together they revitalise the skin, smooth the appearance of wrinkles and help achieve a younger looking complexion. 

Nivea Q10 plus anti wrinkle serum pearls

It's an unusual formula in that it feels almost whipped and full of air so it's quite light on the skin. I tend not to have a huge amount of wrinkles but it definitely gives me a smoother complexion. I feel like it absorbs well into the skin and leaves a brighter finish than most serums. It's also light enough that you can apply your moisturiser quickly afterwards and it works nicely as a make-up base. Overall I quite like this, it's only €14.99 for 40mls and I feel like that'll last me a good while as you only need a small pump for your whole face.

On the left: The Q10 Serum Pearls. Right: Serum Pearls blended.

Nivea Q10 plus Anti Wrinkle eye cream

This is the Q10 Anti-Wrinkle Energising Day Cream. It's designed for tired, dull skin and again contains Coenzyme Q10, Creatinine but also Goji Berry extract. Thankfully being a day cream, there's also an SPF of 15 and UVA protection. I LOVE this stuff. The smell is practically edible and it's light and non-greasy upon application. It sinks in fast and is ready for make-up application soon after. I'm picky about my moisturisers and I really rate this one. This is only €11.80.

Nivea Q10 plus Anti Wrinkle eye cream

The Q10 Plus Anti-Wrinkle Night Cream is a bit thicker in formula and probably takes a little bit longer to sink in to the skin but is super moisturising and softening. Again it contains Coenzyme Q10 and Creatinine both of which are naturally found in the skin but decrease over time so your skin can't regenerate as well as previously. This contains both of those so works to give your skin the boost it needs overnight. This is €12.59.

Nivea Q10 plus Anti Wrinkle eye cream

The Q10 plus Anti Wrinkle eye cream again contains Coenzyme Q10 and creatinine to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and minimise dark under eye circles. This is a lovely light formula (I can't stand really thick eye creams) so it absorbs easily, feels light and refreshing on and is a great base for make-up. I use this twice a day on cleansed skin. This costs €11.79

Basically this is a really affordable and effective skincare range for those who are more concerned about maintaining younger looking skin. I always recommend the use of a serum and a day cream with an SPF so those are my top picks from the range. 

There's also a Q10 plus CC tinted moisturiser, Q10 plus anti-wrinkle age spot day cream with SPF30, an energising day cream and a plus pore refining day cream, so plenty to choose from!
Have you tried anything from the Nivea Q10 range?
XX




7 comments:

  1. Love Nivea Sunscreen... Haven't tried their skincare... Looks great!
    Siobhan xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried the serum yet, but want to. I've always loved Nivea products! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the serum, I use this one over an Ole Henriksen one I have as I think the results are way better. Also great that it's affordable, I've seen Penneys had the serum at a good price too ;-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? That's a great indication isn't it? Must check in Penneys when I run out, thanks for the heads up! xx

      Delete
    2. Dunnes Stores have also had this product on sale for €10. I have only started using this about a week ago and haven't noticed any difference myself as of yet. But it's a nice product and affordable too.

      Delete