Image Map

Friday 25 May 2012

Daniel Sandler Watercolour blush

I'm prone to a bit of hype and there was quite the blogging frenzy when the Daniel Sandler Watercolour Fluid blusher came out, so naturally I had to try it too. I got this in the shade "so pretty", which it is indeed:


I have no issue with spending money on blushers or lipsticks because they help stop me from looking like one of the undead (I've been watching far too much zombie related stuff lately) so the 17.00 euro asking price for this on beautyemporium.ie didn't perturb me. This is watery (not that shocking, given the name) in texture but has great pigmentation and gives the skin a lovely natural flush, quite dewy looking, rather than heavy the way some powder blushes can apply. This is the deal with this, from the beauty emporium website:

"Multi award winning Watercolour fluid blusher contains Vitamin E and Jojoba to enhance application and nourish skin. It's silicone based oil free, doesn't clog pores and suits every skin type. The silicone makes it virtually rub-off proof plus water-resistant.Daniel says "I chose a silicone based oil free formulation as it doesn't clog pores and suits every skin type. The silicone makes it virtually rub-off proof. Lifts all skin types with an instant radiance".
Best applied with the Daniel Sandler Watercolour Brush"



So being a total sucker I naturally also bought the Watercolour Brush, priced at 18.50.
I was so glad I did though, you could apply this with fingers but I don't think you'd have the same finish as you get with the brush. The suggested method of application is to
"squeeze a small amount onto the back of your hand (left) and blend (right) onto cheeks using fingertips or waterbrush", but I still think it applies better with the brush.




I love this brush, so much so in fact that I'm considering buying the foundation brush from the same range. This applies the product really well, blending it in in one easy sweep, handy for people like me that are not qualified make up artists.


All in all, two really good buys. I really like this blush, it's superseded my Clarins Instant Light blush in my affections, and I really didn't think that would happen. Also, you only need a small amount each time so I think it may take me a while to get through the bottle's 17mls! Yay!

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I only have one Daniel Sandler watercolour blush (Spicey) but I love it! Haven't invested in the brush yet though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Emma! I was actually considering getting spicy as well as it's supposed to be universally flattering, I should probably just use the blushes I already have first though, I'm developing a problem I think! :-)

    ReplyDelete