Image Map

Tuesday 7 January 2014

NOTD | Essie 'Miss Fancy Pants'

One of the best things about blogging is the wonderful friends you make; like-minded people who support you and equally, surprise you with acts of kindness. One of these people is the very lovely Sharon from Behind Green Eyes who sent me the most thoughtful and unexpected Christmas present of this rather beautiful Essie polish, Miss Fancy Pants (best name for a polish ever..although I may be slightly biased there!):

Essie Miss fancy pants

Essie are one of my all time favourite brands and this is just an absolute stunner of a polish. A grey creme that applies like a dream and lasted a full week without chips, this is a classy, grown-up shade that works with every outfit and suits every possible occasion. 

Essie Miss fancy pants

Plus, unlike some more "greige" shades, this actually compliments my super pasty skin tone perfectly and doesn't give me dreaded "cement" fingers. Basically, I love it. I've had several compliments about it, whereupon I have happily passed on the name of it because really, there's nothing cooler than a nail polish that sounds like it was made for you, am I right?

Essie Miss fancy pants

Being the legend that she is, Sharon also sent me this unbelievably awesome Buffy mug, as she shares my love for the show and remembered me going on about how cool this mug was when I saw it on her own blog. I'm both a mug and a BTVS fiend, so this really is ideal for me. 

Buffy the vampire slayer mug

Thanks again Sharon, you absolute star!
XX

8 comments:

  1. The polish is gorgeous on you, thankfully the name matched the lady! Very glad all arrived safely, everyone needs a Buffy mug :) Thank you for such kind words xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, I would've said more but I didn't want to gush ;) xx

      Delete
  2. Love that colour, a really unusual neutral and the name is just amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the shade was gonna be a browny colour from the bottle but really love the grey!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this colour so much I might have to invest when I'm next in Boots! Also, WHERE CAN YOU BUY THAT CUP!?! eh, cough, its nice and I know someone who might like it. ;D xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! I actually don't know puddin, I'd say Sharon could point you in the right direction though! X

      Delete