Image Map

Saturday 4 January 2014

Amazon Kindle Book Sale..Go now, Buy! Buy! Buy!

I mentioned on twitter last night that Amazon are having a "12 Days of Kindle" book sale at the minute, with prices starting at 99p!! The offer ends the 5th of January, hence this rather urgent blog post!
Granted, I now have more books than I could shake a sizeable stick at but you'd be mad not to pick up a few titles at those crazy prices. 
I managed to get 7 books for the princely sum of €12, all of which I already had on my to-read list, so I'm delighted with that, mostly because sale shopping usually involves coming home with loads of random crap you didn't ever need to begin with and now have to somehow find room for in your already jam-packed apartment. Not this year! This year, my only sales shopping is this and I'm rather proud of myself for it too. Here's the books I went for:





In all honesty, I could actually still be on Amazon now buying more if I hadn't reigned myself in. There's a good selection there of books I've read and reviewed already and of those I'd recommend the following:


There's plenty more great titles there too, you just have to do a bit of sifting. Happy shopping! Let me know in the comments if you have any of these already or if you've availed of the kindle sale!
XX

13 comments:

  1. Got a tablet for Christmas so my Kindle Store was a little bare!! Got All my Friends are Superheros, the 5 People you meet in Heaven, where'd you go Bernadette, The Hobbit.. Keep me busy for awhile!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to get the Hobbit too but I think I may have a copy of it at home somewhere! xx

      Delete
  2. Let me know how the Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet is, it's one I was half thinking of reading.

    I got

    Bizarre London
    The Nature Magpie
    The Antiques Magpie
    The Cheese and I

    I had probably double if not tripled the amount picked out but I went through the list and didn't purchase anything that was in the library!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will indeed! I don't go to the library anymore so it's pretty much all books as presents and the kindle. Great picks!

      Delete
    2. I probably wouldn't be able to read as much as I do without a library! I just couldn't afford it. I think even if I could I would still go!

      Delete
  3. I got the Neil Gaiman one for Christmas, and I bought The Husband's Secret a while ago so I'm looking forward to both reading them and reading what you think. This time I was restrained and didn't buy any - I can't download any more until I've made a good dent in the ones I loaded onto the Kobo a while ago, I almost bought The Universe vs Alex Woods on amazon before I realised I already have it...sign that I have enough for now! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to seeing what you think too! I almost got that one too but decided against it, I struggle with storylines about people after head injuries etc, I find it really hard to read, too upsetting. x

      Delete
  4. Amazing, thanks for the heads up. Off I go shopping :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, hope you got some good ones! :)

      Delete
  5. I don't have a kindle but I'm off to check the kobo store for sale books. I picked up the Husbands secret in Asda just before christmas and it's really good. I've got a massive list of books that I need to finish reading at the moment though so I really don't need to buy more! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm the exact same, I have hundreds of books to read that I already own but I can't resist a book sale! :)

      Delete
  6. I don't know what it is, but I simply don't trust kindles. Maybe I'm too traditional when it comes to books and I'm too in love with the feel of the paper in my hands. I've read The Perks of Being a Wallflower too and it's amazing. My Dad has Gone Girl and I think I'm going to "borrow" it from him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get you, I still read mainly real books but I find the kindle really handy for taking in my bag, for holidays, waiting rooms, night time (mine has a little lamp attached), and lying down (easier to change the page). I think there's definitely room for both but I'll never stop loving real books :)

      Delete