Image Map

Monday 13 January 2014

My Winter Skincare Additions

Nippy out there, eh? By now a mixture of horrible cold winds, central heating and plastering on restorative make-up after festive nights out will mostly likely have taken it's toll on the poor old visage. Step forward this little lot, my current weapons of choice against the ravages of Winter. 

winter skin saviours

  1. La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Mains Hand Cream. LRP is well known for it's excellent skincare and the recent addition of this cicaplast hand cream has been a bit of a godsend for my poor phalanges, which tend to be dry at the best of times. This is my second tube of this and I'm almost finished! Boo. While this has a sort of Vaseline-esque consistency, it actually sinks in really quickly (as in, you can use your hands again 10 seconds later) with no greasiness or residue. I know you're probable wondering what sort of witchcraft went into the making of this and I wouldn't blame you. Try it!
  2. Vichy Idealia Life Serum. I use this under my moisturiser, pre-make up in the mornings because it contains a light pink pearlescence that provides the skin with a beautiful healthy glow. Again, this is light and sinks in easily and provides a good layer of protection for dry skin. Plus, it smells truly divine..like flowers...that you want to eat.
  3. I generally use my lush lip scrub in the evenings followed by the Nuxe Reve de Miel. I'm almost at the end of this and a new one will be purchased with haste when that eventually happens. Full review HERE.
  4. Hydraluron. This was made hugely popular after skincare guru Caroline Hirons said it was the one to go for if you have dry/dehydrated skin. Again, I'm almost finished this but I'm still not 100% sure about it. I feel like I won't be until I can compare it to my skin in its absence, hence why I haven't given it its own full review. Basically it's a clear gel that you apply to skin pre serum and moisturiser as it supposedly helps your moisturiser sink in properly and be absorbed by the skin because it contains wonder ingredient, Hyaluronic Acid.. Hmm. I just don't know!
  5. Another LRP product, this is the well loved Cicaplast Baume B5, which I believe is a total wonder product. I use this on dry skin; elbows and heels but also burns, and upset (but not broken) skin and it does the job every time! It's a fragrance-free soothing repairing balm and as that one is almost empty too, I'll be repurchasing soon!
Apologies for this basically turning into an empties post but at least I've managed to remind myself of what I need to put on my shopping list! 
Do you change your skincare up in the bad weather or are you lucky enough to be unaffected by the misery that is this weather?
XX

10 comments:

  1. Hehe, we have Hydraluron on the blog today too! :) It's amazing, I never want to stop using it! P.S. - Love your post, I also use all these in winter! x

    alex @ pinkelephantbloggin.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh I must go check out your post on it! I'm just still so undecided!! xx

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried Hydraluron although it has been on my wishlist for ages, but I'd be interested to hear your full thoughts on it once you've been without it for a while.

    Good old La Roche-Posay struck gold again with the Cicaplast Baume, I've always got a tube of it on the go. It's great for slathering on (in conjuction with a sunscreen/SPF) in this weather before heading out for a run, it really protects the skin from the harsh effects of the wind and rain (much like Bepanthen does).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I've been known to lash the old bepanthen on my lips light, great for dry, cracked skin. x

      Delete
  3. I just picked Hydraluron up last week, I do like it so far but like you said, you don't really know how much it's doing until you stop using it! I love the Hydraphase mask too, for when my skin is really disgustingly dehydrated (Especially with travelling).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that's good alright, maybe I'll try that next! Thanks hun! x

      Delete
  4. I've used hydraluron on and off for quite a while and I'm pretty meh about it.i wont be repurchasing.other people rave about it but it's just not for me I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't be buying another tube either, I think with that, you either notice a real difference or you don't so maybe it's just not for us!

      Delete
  5. I was very on the fence about hydraluron too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I just don't know if its enough of a "wow" product for me to warrant buying another tube but we'll see how I fare without it I guess!

      Delete