Nippy out there, eh? By now a mixture of horrible cold winds, central heating and plastering on restorative make-up after festive nights out will mostly likely have taken it's toll on the poor old visage. Step forward this little lot, my current weapons of choice against the ravages of Winter.
- La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Mains Hand Cream. LRP is well known for it's excellent skincare and the recent addition of this cicaplast hand cream has been a bit of a godsend for my poor phalanges, which tend to be dry at the best of times. This is my second tube of this and I'm almost finished! Boo. While this has a sort of Vaseline-esque consistency, it actually sinks in really quickly (as in, you can use your hands again 10 seconds later) with no greasiness or residue. I know you're probable wondering what sort of witchcraft went into the making of this and I wouldn't blame you. Try it!
- Vichy Idealia Life Serum. I use this under my moisturiser, pre-make up in the mornings because it contains a light pink pearlescence that provides the skin with a beautiful healthy glow. Again, this is light and sinks in easily and provides a good layer of protection for dry skin. Plus, it smells truly divine..like flowers...that you want to eat.
- I generally use my lush lip scrub in the evenings followed by the Nuxe Reve de Miel. I'm almost at the end of this and a new one will be purchased with haste when that eventually happens. Full review HERE.
- Hydraluron. This was made hugely popular after skincare guru Caroline Hirons said it was the one to go for if you have dry/dehydrated skin. Again, I'm almost finished this but I'm still not 100% sure about it. I feel like I won't be until I can compare it to my skin in its absence, hence why I haven't given it its own full review. Basically it's a clear gel that you apply to skin pre serum and moisturiser as it supposedly helps your moisturiser sink in properly and be absorbed by the skin because it contains wonder ingredient, Hyaluronic Acid.. Hmm. I just don't know!
- Another LRP product, this is the well loved Cicaplast Baume B5, which I believe is a total wonder product. I use this on dry skin; elbows and heels but also burns, and upset (but not broken) skin and it does the job every time! It's a fragrance-free soothing repairing balm and as that one is almost empty too, I'll be repurchasing soon!
Apologies for this basically turning into an empties post but at least I've managed to remind myself of what I need to put on my shopping list!
Do you change your skincare up in the bad weather or are you lucky enough to be unaffected by the misery that is this weather?