Image Map

Wednesday 9 July 2014

Sephora Haul!

The Hubster went to Canada a while back and I thought I'd share with you the few lovely bits he picked up for me. I made him a list of things I particularly wanted but he also got me a rather lovely surprise, which I'll go into later!


First up, Flowerbomb by Victor & Rolf is one of my favourite perfumes and I've always thought it was a bit of a gip that we don't really get rollerball perfumes over on this side of the water so I asked him to get me this fella. It's super handy for popping into my bag and topping up my perfume later in the day rather than lugging a heavy bottle around with me.

Secondly, I recently dyed my hair back blonde and couldn't really carry on using my red-toned eyebrow pencil anymore. I was going to go back to my old Mac favourite, Fling but decided to try out the highly lauded Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz. This has a little spoolie brush on one end (with a lid for hygiene purposes..lovely!) and a twist up crayon on the other end in the shade ash blonde, which is a perfect match for my brows.


Next up, Tarte. I've been longing for my very own Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour blush for an age now so here I have Captivating, a peach/coral toned matte blush. This is a really natural but pretty shade and I'm loving it so I will have a proper review to come on this!

Himself always picks me up a YSL Effet Faux Cils Shocking mascara whenever he goes through a duty free as it's my favourite mascara but just so pricey, so any saving possible is always welcome! I'm using up a few sample size mascaras at the moment and then it's back to gorgeous, full lashes again!


This was the surprise. Excuse the blurry photo, my camera was reluctant to pick up that Dior sign properly but regardless, there she is; Rouge Dior Voluptuous Care in Sterling Red. This is coming out quite bright in the photo but in reality it's a very wearable raspberry red. When I opened it I squealed a little (I really love Dior) and himself said "well I know you love red lipstick and Dior, so.."
HE PICKED OUT A FANCY LIPSTICK FOR ME BY HIMSELF, PEOPLE.
IN THE CORRECT SHADE.
THAT'S RIGHT.
LEGEND.


Other stuff include the cool little samples Sephora always throw in from Origins, Jurlique and First Aid Beauty, which I can't wait to try.
I also asked him to pick me up a box of Crest 3D Whitestrips. I tried these before my wedding (Crazily that's almost two years ago now) and found them really good so I'm looking forward to using them again. They're also really hard to find over here and are really expensive to buy online, whereas these work out at about €40 when bought in dollars.


I think I was actually quite restrained in what I asked him to pick up for me, I could've gone completely mental but held back! 
Have you used any of these? Thoughts?
XX

16 comments:

  1. Well done Mr. Fancy Pants! Lovely picks. My mother in law & sister in law were in the US recently for 3 weeks and I asked them to pick me up any make up that we couldn't get over here - sis in law brought me back Maybelline Great Lash mascara........heart was in the right place but....yeah. Anyway! Enjoy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah bless them! Tis tough unless you're into beauty stuff to know what to get. Himself was fine once he had the list, otherwise he'd be well stuck! x

      Delete
  2. Great haul Chloe, i always wanted to try the Crest but im slightly scarred. Can you do a review on them please? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do Andreea! Need to get to the dentist to get them cleaned first so whenever that happens I'll start a review! x

      Delete
  3. Amazing haul!! That Tarte blush is next on my hitlist so can't wait to see your review :) And as for him buying a Dior red lippie, well you should deffo keep him ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will definitely do a review of the tarte! Love it! Yeah, he's a good'un alright!;) x

      Delete
  4. great haul and lovely that he knew exactly what surprise would get your heart fluttering:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh lovely! I really would like to try the Brow Wiz and a Tarte blush!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we're going to have to start calling him Captain Fancy a pants cause that was some feat picking out the perfect red lipstick all by himself, fair play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told him you said that Evie and he's thrilled with himself! ;)

      Delete
  7. amazing haul! i'm dying to try crest white strips and tart blushes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall do a review of both! you know you can get tarte on qvc now yeah?

      Delete
  8. Aww... what a gem your man is. I was absolutely thrilled when my husband managed to get me a lovely Clinique set for Christmas one in year in very flattering colours. Duty Free rocks the party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does! Love Clinique too, what a lovely gift!

      Delete