Image Map

Friday 4 July 2014

Mount Juliet- A Luxury Irish Hotel

A couple of months back himself and I went on a mini break (not to sound too Bridget Jones) to the stunning Mount Juliet luxury hotel, golf resort, spa and country estate in the heart of county Kilkenny. Somehow I never got around to blogging about it so I'm rectifying that now. We only stayed for one night but in that time we packed in a spa treatment each, a swim in the pool, afternoon tea, a walk around the beautiful grounds and an exquisite meal in their 1 Michelin star restaurant
I'm going to mostly let the photos do the talking here but I will just say that this was one of the best places we've stayed in Ireland; the staff were very friendly, the food was incredible, the grounds were stunning and the hotel itself was beautifully decorated. I would highly recommend!


everything is in bloom at the moment, so pretty.
the spa and some of the lovely products used during my facial.
crazy good Afternoon Tea..one of the best I've ever had.
Just one of the traditionally decorated sitting rooms, perfect for relaxing in with a nice drink!

The only thing I didn't photograph was our six course meal but it felt like the wrong place to do that..you know the way some restaurants are just too fancy to have your iPhone out taking snaps?! Regardless of that, I just really wanted to enjoy our meal so I put the phone away and savoured all of the amazing flavours, which again was one of the best meals I've had in along time. They certainly deserve that Michelin star.

We had a Blue book voucher that we got as a Christmas present but we also took advantage of a special midweek offer the hotel were running at the time so it was surprisingly good value. 
If you're interested in visiting Mount Juliet yourself, you can check out their special offers section HERE.
XX


12 comments:

  1. My husband is from Kilkenny & I love Mount Juilette! Never stayed as we lived in the UK until a few months ago, but now we are home we are going to take advantage of babysitters & try out some of the beautiful hotels in Ireland!! Great post xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh excellent, I hope you get to pop in there for afternoon tea or dinner- the food was just amazing!

      Delete
  2. Looks so beautiful Chloe, those sofas look like you could just sink into them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks beautiful Chloe, your afternoon tea looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favourite places to stay! Love the look of the afternoon tea!! If you get a chance to go back you / if you're going back with more people you should check out their little chalets! They're AMAZING!!...

    XO, G from grace'd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh interesting, I hadn't even thought of that!

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness, that looks gorgeous! I think I'm really yearning for a bit of a holiday... it's been a long year so far...

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful, that afternoon tea is to die for.

    ReplyDelete