Image Map

Wednesday 16 July 2014

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint | Review

I've been meaning to try the Gelly Hi-Shine polishes from Barry M for ages now and I think it was a post from Pink Elephant Blog that finally made me pop them in my Boots basket. These are the perfect Summer blues and with this particular formula, they look even shinier and brighter on the nail when the sun hits them than a regular polish would.
Here, I have Blueberry and Huckleberry to show you:

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint

Blueberry, on the left is showing up slightly darker than it is in real life (it actually looks more like the shade in the bottle in that middle picture) and is a gorgeous vibrant pastel, if that makes sense. While Huckleberry on the right is a beautiful powdery duck egg blue and goes with practically everything. I only needed two coats for Blueberry but gave three for Huckleberry just cause it's a paler shade. Even though these result in a shiny finish, I still applied a top coat, purely out of habit. They lasted me about 4-5 days without chips and even then it was just slight tip wear. I got these as part of a 3 for 2 in Boots but regardless, they're only €5.99 each, so quite the bargain.

Have you tried any of the Gelly Hi-Shines? Any other shades I should be going for?
XX

14 comments:

  1. I am obsessed with both of these! Every pic of myself I have taken recently I am wearing one of these nail polishes. Such beautiful colours x

    Alex | PinkElephantBlog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are both gorgeous, thank you for enabling me to get them!

      Delete
  2. Both fab colours, I have Blueberry, must pick up Huckleberry! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought Blueberry about 2 weeks ago and have been wearing it non-stop since - it's such a beautiful shade and a great formula. I'll have to get Huckleberry and a few more next time I'm in Boots... I absolutely love Barry M nail polishes! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! I love them too, raspberry is one of my favourite shades. Great quality for the price! x

      Delete
  4. They're both so pretty Chloe - you've given me The Want!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are really nice! I'm surprised by how much I like the smurf blue on you. The duckegg blue looks really useful (although I don't have the patience for 3 coats).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Understandable. I wear a lot of pastels so I'm used to using a few coats!

      Delete
  6. Love this range, I have Coconut and Papaya

    ReplyDelete