Image Map

Sunday 6 July 2014

New Summer Literary Releases (I want them all)

As always, there's an absolute glut of literary new releases this Summer and although I'm already laden down with stacks of books I want to get through, there's always room for more! 


I've been seeing We Were Liars on book blogs all over the place, this was published in May and revolves around a rich family and a group of friends, living on a private island. As the title suggests, they all have their secrets in this suspense/thriller. 

I loved Fangirl so I'm looking forward to reading Rainbow Rowell's new novel, Landline, which was just released this week. This one is about a marriage in trouble but with a bit of time travel thrown in...interesting, eh? 

Also out since just this past week is Caitlin Moran's latest, How To Build A Girl. I loved How To Be a Woman and having seen her read aloud from this new book live, I know it's going to be just as brilliant. This one is fictional but loosely based on Moran's own teenage years.


I love Stephen King and his latest book Mr Mercedes is already downloaded onto my Kindle. This is the first in a trilogy of detective novels, so if you're expecting a horror, you'll be sorely disappointed. 

I enjoyed J.K Rowling's first in the Cormoran Strike series, The Cuckoo's Calling, so I had to buy the sequel, The Silkworm when it was released last month. I have this fella on audio, have already started listening to it and am enjoying it so far.

Lastly, I'm actually currently reading and loving Hillary Clinton's It Takes a Village but at the super fast rate I'm reading it, I'll need more Hillary in my life fairly soon and Hard choices was published just last month, so kind of perfect timing. 

What's on your Summer to-read list?
Any of these on there?
XX

6 comments:

  1. looking forward to the silkworm.I really enjoyed the cuckoo's calling so I've high hopes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm liking it so far, it's quite similar in tone to the Cuckoo's Calling (unsurprisingly) but I've seen reviews that say this one is even better!

      Delete
  2. Have to recommend Only Ever Yours by Louise O'Neill.In a world in which baby girls are no longer born naturally, women are bred in schools, trained in
    the arts of pleasing men until they are ready for the outside world. At graduation, the most highly rated girls become “companions”, permitted to live with their husbands and breed sons until they are no longer useful.
    For the girls left behind, the future – as a concubine or a teacher – is grim.
    Best friends freida and isabel are sure they’ll be chosen as companions – they are among the most highly rated girls in their year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sounds interesting, a bit The Handmaids Tale-esque? I love a bit of dystopia!

      Delete
  3. we were liars looks really good, and I'm also wanting to read the farm by tom rob smith, been on the waiting list from the library for ages!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I heard that's supposed to be good too actually!

      Delete