Image Map

Friday 23 May 2014

John Frieda Frizz Ease Nourishing Oil Elixir | Review

My hair is naturally quite dry and breaks easily so I'm always on the lookout for a good oil that will help heal my poor damaged locks. I had been using THIS L'oreal oil but was never overly impressed with it and openly mourned the loss of my Kerastase, which was thicker and required less product than the L'Oreal, which was a spray. Added to my other hair woes, I've also noticed this annoying frizzy weird hair growing around my hairline, which my hairdresser said is my hair growing back after a lengthy stint of being unwell. While it's great that it's growing back, it is making me look a bit odd so I felt this would be a good option for me.

John Frieda Frizz Ease Nourishing Oil Elixir
Note: I've been using this for about 6 weeks now and that's all I've used- you'll definitely get your moneys worth!

This is an oil elixir containing Argan oil which "nourishes and smoothes 2x the frizz fighting power and blocks the frizz for 50% smoother, healthier hair".

This smells gorgeous, like the Kerastase actually and is the just the right texture; not too heavy and not too light. Like Goldilocks but with hair oil. 

I use it in two main ways. On wet hair at the ends only to provide some extra moisture to any broken hair, which has been working really well. When I dry my hair off it doesn't feel weighed down by the oil, just shiny and healthy looking. I've also been using this as a hair treatment, although that isn't suggested on the bottle! If I'm in for the evening, I just massage it into dry hair and leave it for a few hours, I then wash it out and dry it off. It might not be effective for everyone but my hair is so dry that it really needs this extra care. 

This is only €13.99 for 100mls, which I think is an absolute bargain and is available now in Boots and selected pharmacies nationwide. 

Do you use a hair oil/serum? Have you tried this fella?
XX


*Sample, gratefully received. All opinions my own, as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment