Image Map

Monday 5 May 2014

Brand Focus | Lancôme

*Warning! Picture Heavy*
I previously did a brand focus on Bourjois (HERE, which I could really do with updating!) and thought I'd make it into somewhat of a series, so today I'm looking at Lancôme.
What better way to show off everything the cosmetics giant does so well than with this amazing set I picked up on special offer before Christmas: containing skincare, perfume and make up.
Drool.


Skincare
When I was younger I was quite fond of Lancôme's cleanser and toner but being a typical beauty blogger, I've kept switching up what I use since then. Now, I'm going back to my roots!
First up, the Gentle Softening Cleansing Fluid for face and eyes. This is a real treat for your face, it effectively removes make up and leaves the skin soft and super clean. Like a lot of Lancôme products the scent is quite strong with this, so it might not be suitable for those of a sensitive disposition but personally, I love it. 
The Bi-Facil eye make-up remover is actually my favourite ever- I'm currently working my way through the larger version of it. I wrote a review of it HERE.
I also love the Softening Hydrating Toner, it's alcohol-free, which is the main thing to look for in a toner. This is a good'un.
Advance Genefique Serum- this stuff is so damn good. I'll have to do a separate review but it's described as a "youth activating concentrate" Really that means that it's a light, gel-like serum that smooths out the surface of my skin...completely! It's like magic.


Lastly, Hydrazen Neurocalm is one of my favourite moisturisers (as you can see from the photo I've already used this little pot up and I've gone through at least two full sizes in real life before. I generally go for the one for sensitive skin but this one and the gel version are lovely too. 


Perfume
I probably never paid too much attention to the brands perfumes before but if you do nothing else the next time you're near a Lancôme counter, you need to spray La Vie est Belle all over yourself. Liberally. It's just a beautiful, floral scent, perfect for Summer. Check out that bottle too- it has it's own little neck tie!!
Hypnose and miracle are other popular ones but for me, it's all about this beauty.


Eye Palette
I love the Hypnose Dolls eyes palettes that came out last year. The one I have is Fraicheur Rosee, a selection of dusty pinks and taupes to give the perfect flattering smokey eye. It gives Naked 3 a run for it's money but has no mattes so is perfect for you if shimmers are your thing.
I also have a kohl eyeliner in black there- I don't really use black kohl that much these days but it does the job when the look requires it.


Mascara
Everyone went a bit mad last week when Hypnose mascaras were on offer for €10 only for it's anniversary. I've tried the regular Hypnose and Hypnose drama and I'm more of a fan of the drama (just when it comes to the old lashes..and maybe Eastenders). 


There's the brushes below side by side. Drama is on the left, regular Hypnose is on the right with a close up of Hypnose drama in the second picture. Neither of these give me the same look as my beloved YSL effet faux cils but they are excellent mascaras and I see why people love them so much.


Lipstick & Gloss
Back in the day I, like most youths was big into Juicy Tubes but have found many more non-sticky versions since then. A recent release has been Gloss in Love, which I'm really liking. This is a really gorgeous peachy/pink, with a little shimmer that feels super cushiony on the lips with no stickyness! Hurrah! Also, bonus; this smells like cherries. YES.
In the last few years Lancôme has also bought out some seriously glamorous lipsticks; every new release has had me lusting after them big time. Rouge in Love is marketed at a younger age group (Emma Watson is their spokesperson/model...or something) and that's reflected in the packaging and the lipstick itself.


This one is a bright pink/red and is really beautiful on. That's the wand from the gloss on the bottom right, see how it's designed to fit the curve of your lip? Clever eh?!


Blush Subtil Palette
This is a contour, blush and highlight in one. Just look at it there, gorgeous. These are super flattering on pale Irish skin; there's no red/orange in that bronzer so it's very natural, the blush is a peach shot through with gold that every brand worth it's salt seems to have a version of and the highlighter is a golden champagne that gives the skin a warm glow. 
Lovely.


I also really love the 24 hour Teint Idole foundation (thanks again to Sharon for the recommendation), I've gone through a couple of bottles of it now and when I can afford it I'll definitely be getting it again!

Are you a Lancôme fan? What's your favourite product of theirs?
xx

16 comments:

  1. I've tried very little from them in I'm honest, only their masacara and a couple of lippies, but that blush palette has me all excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore their advanced genefique and visionnaire serum. The improvement they have made to my skin is unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I've hears Visionaire is fab too, I need these things now I'm getting on! ;)

      Delete
  3. My favourite product is of course Teint Idole! Honourable mention to Hypnose mascara! Oh, and La Vie est Belle perfume! I would love to try their eyeshadows and skincare products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd love their skincare Grace!! The eye make up remover, serums and moisturisers are definitely worth trying! x

      Delete
  4. That's such a fab set! I've wanted to try that eye makeup remover for ages. I don't own much by Lancôme but I used to love the hydra zen moisturiser

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good, i've tried a good few and that's been the best! Hydra zen is fab too alright!

      Delete
  5. Got the same set before Christmas, great value! My top 5 Lancome products would be Teint Idole Foundation in 03, Hypnose Mascara, Rouge in Love Lipstick, La Vie est Belle and the trio Blush Subtil palette. Im underwhelmed with the eyeshadows, crease like mad on me even with primer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, really? My eye palette doesn't crease on me at all but I never need primer or anything so I'm probably not a good judge! I'm a bit in love with la vie est belle at the moment!

      Delete
  6. I love Lancome and that set looks amazing btw! Lancome mascaras are amazing and I also like their eye shadows & foundations. Such a great brand! x

    alex @ http://pinkelephantbloggin.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I love their foundations too, just so pricey though! x

      Delete
  7. The idea of brand focus posts is great! I've only ever tried the mascara base primer thingy because someone bought it for me. But I did love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Breige! It's tragic that I have enough make up to do these posts!

      Delete
  8. Wow, makes me wish I had gotten this over Christmas! I love Lancôme products. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They always have great offers on so hopefully something similar will come along soon! :)

      Delete