Image Map

Tuesday 17 September 2013

Autumn Is Coming..

Technically Autumn's already here but any excuse to think of Game of Thrones, eh? As part of #SBBC, today's post is "a photo from your day" and although I actually took these last week on my walk around Kilruddery House & Gardens, I thought I'd pop them up today as they nicely represent my excitement for the change of seasons. 

This tree actually looked like this- no added effects, just one side weirdly Autumnal and the other not...

We had a beautiful Summer in Ireland (for once, a year that you won't hear anyone saying "sure we barely even got a Summer and now it's feckin' Winter again"), but regardless of how sunny it is, it always gets to the stage when I crave the Autumn- that crisp, chill in the air, crunchy orange and yellow leaves underfoot, an excuse to drink coffee more frequently, wear woollies & comfy boots and of course, the anticipation of Halloween. I also love Autumn because it's the perfect time for us bookworms- curling up indoors with a new read, a big mug of tea, the fire lit and a candle burning (I've actually got a post coming up on my new favourite Autumnal-scented candle). Good times. 
Are you an Autumn person too? What are you most looking forward to?
XX

6 comments:

  1. I'm most definitely an Autumn person, I really really love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, almost a bit sad that the sun is back actually!

      Delete
  2. I love autumn too, the crunchy leaves getting the parka out! It's a cosy season! What a cool tree, great pics x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I thought it was pretty unusual looking myself!

      Delete
  3. I'm usually such a summer person, but I was really looking forward to that turn! On my walk to work I got to kick leaves and search for conkers, and wear my scarf for proper reasons other then just a stylish accessory:P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a good reason to love Autumn! I've already started wearing a scarf & hat and it's not even that cold yet!

      Delete