Image Map

Tuesday 29 May 2012

I just can't get enough...

I tend to get fairly attached to certain products and then when something new and shiny comes along I get distracted and go for them instead. So before that happens, here's what I'm loving..at the moment..
















Jo Malone Body Creme in English Pear and Freesia. I love the scent of this- delicate yet strong, floral yet fruity, such a great combination. It's also the right texture- not too thick and not too thin (I'm sensing another Goldilocks moment here) so it blends in nicely. I've been using it lately (when I can be bothered) just after a shower at night and I find my skin is ultra soft by the next morning. If I use it in the morning I find the scent is almost too overpowering so that I can't wear perfume as well but if used at night it isn't a problem. This being Jo Malone, it is on the pricier side (if memory serves it was around the 65 euro mark) but as I bought it with a gift voucher, I feel no guilt! Hurrah!


This is Origins Drink Up- Intensive Overnight Mask. I love this. It's rather like a super moisturiser, in fact it should come with a little cape and possibly some spandex pants. Suggested use is twice a week, gently massaged onto clean skin with the excess tissued off. I generally use an exfoliator first to get full benefit from this and then rub it in, I've never needed to tissue excess off because my skin just drinks it up.

It smells kind of like a peach yoghurt, which is probably not that surprising, given that it contains Apricot Kernal oil. It also has Avacado oil and Mango butters..mmm, almost edible. Less delicious sounding is the Japanese seaweed, Hyaluronic acid and Plant Glycerin. Not sure what the latter two actually are but I am assured they do wonders for the skin. And my skin is definitely feeling it.



Moving on, Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish hot cloth cleanser. This has been praised high up and low down across the blogosphere and I have nothing new to add to the adoration..except more adoration, obviously. This came beautifully packaged along with with two Muslin cloths, the Instant Boost Skin Tonic (which I also really like-smells divine), the Skin Repair Moisturiser (good but I don't think it's the Holy Grail of moisturisers to which I seek) and the Energising Body wash (not overly keen on the smell nor do I find it hugely energising). I also received a mini bottle of the cleanser and an extra cloth which is very handy for traveling.
Back to the cleanser itself:
"Naturally active ingredients include cocoa butter to soften, smooth and moisturise. Rosemary, chamomile hops and eucalyptus to tone, sooth and purify".
Recommended use is twice a day, massaged onto dry skin and removed with a hot muslin cloth. It's divine. I actually look forward to taking my make up off now (except for eye make up, I find this struggles a little bit with mascara but again, that could just be the immoveable force that is Benefit's "They're Real". It does take it off, it just requires a bit more effort than the rest of my make up). I just love this, the smell is incredible and I truly believe it's the best cleanser I've ever used. I am fearful of how I'll react once it's empty (wailing and general despair no doubt)- this inevitability is fast approaching and I annoyingly missed out on the recent online offer of a bottle reduced to 11.25..I probably would've bought several, such is my love for this.

This has also been blogged about to death but I can't help it, I love it and must sing it's praises- Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait. I haven't tried this in any other shade so I'm basing my opinion purely on this little beauty. This colour is just so flattering- like natural lips only better. There's great pigmentation and a nice sheen and unlike a matte lipstick, it's super easy to apply and ideal for Summer. Love.

Lastly, Rimmel Sunshimmer Instant Tan in it's new waterproof version (at last- why did it even take them this long to think of it?!). I'm not a huge fan of fake tans, I'm quite pale, which I like but I do feel certain situations warrant the use of a tan. I'm thinking- weddings, any time I feel like wearing white, neon (never happens) or if a beach is involved (whilst I enjoy being pale I think an entire body of blinding white flesh on show on a sunny day is guaranteed to scare small children..I refer you to the time in Gran Canaria at a water park where a small Spanish child pointed at my friend Jenn and said in a terrified, hushed tone- "Like a ghost". I rest my case). Anyway, I got this in Light/Matte, which gave me a nice glow without running the risk of falling into Katie Price territory. It's a tinted lotion so you can't really go wrong with application as you can see where it's going, but it does need to be rubbed in quickly as it stains, fast. Like it says on the tin, it doesn't wash off, even if some drunkard decides to spill a pint of beer down your back at the Kilkenny Cat Laughs...just as a for instance, obviously. Ahem. The next day it came off easily in the shower with soap and water- simples! A great tan that's as cheap as chips, I picked this up in Penneys along with a tanning mitt and had change from a tenner, which I undoubtedly then promptly spent on some random Penneys goods..as is my want.

4 comments:

  1. Love every single thing on your list!

    Emma xo
    www.fluffandfripperies.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have to say, I'm slightly in love with the Liz Earle..so good!

      Delete
  2. I love the Revlon Lip Butters! I own 8 of them and I love them all. I was lucky to be able to buy them on a Buy One Get One 1/2 Off deal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lady after my own heart! I must get a few more, such a great product!x

      Delete