Image Map

Thursday 6 June 2013

Dublin in a Week Part 4: Afternoon Tea at the Conrad Hotel

In Part 1, 2 & 3 I showed you Trinity College, Guinness Storehouse and The Japanese Gardens and no week of fun touristy things would be complete without going for Afternoon Tea somewhere. Seriously, it's just one of my favourite things to do ever. Maybe it's the combination of tiny sandwiches and champagne or perhaps it's briefly getting to act like a fancy-schmansy lady..who knows?! We went to the Conrad Hotel on Earlsford Terrace, across from the National Concert Hall. The staff were very friendly and attentive and it was a lovely experience overall.
Anyway, prepare to salivate:

Champagne! We also had Earl Grey & Mint Tea
The Layers of deliciousness!
Mini Cupcakes, Chocolate & Pistachio dipped Straberries, Berry Macaroons, Yummy Sandwiches, Scones.
Scones with strawberry jam, clotted cream and fresh strawberries (and the sign of a good afternoon tea- scones with and more importantly, without raisins. Raisins, the work of the devil), pretty tower of macaroons.

Om nom nom nom.
XX

11 comments:

  1. My mouth is watery... that looks divine, you lucky girl :) was it pricey?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually don't know! My sister bought one of those Rewarding Times vouchers so it was probably more reasonable than usual! Delicious though :)

      Delete
  2. This has made me very, very hungry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry! I'm actually a bit hungry looking at it now myself :)

      Delete
  3. I've just had lunch and i'm still hungry! It is my goal to have afternoon tea sometime this summer! Just for the little cakes:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried plenty of them so if you need a recommendation let me know! The best was probably the Merrion hotel one..dear god, that was good! The desserts were actual works of art!

      Delete
    2. Ohh I've been for lunch rhere before, in the cellar restaurant I think? Was amazing anyways so I'd not be surprised their afternoon tea is good! Just have to convince one of my friends to splash the cash with me haha:)

      Delete

  4. I am very amazed by the information of this blog and i am glad i had a look over the blog. thank you so much for sharing such great information.
    dublin transportation service

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that looks delicious, beats heading to the chipper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah the chipper has it's merits too! Sometimes little sandwiches just won't cut it! :)

      Delete