Image Map

Thursday 12 September 2013

Eye Make-Up Removers: Clarins, L'ancome, No.7 and Nars.

#SBBC day 12 for me, was an easy pick- comparing two or more beauty items. I've been doing this lately anyway with eye make-up removers and have been using ones by Clarins, L'ancome, No.7 and Nars to find my favourite. 

Eye Make Up Removers: Clarins, Lancome, No.7, Nars

Although I use a beautiful cleanser to generally remove all of my make up (read about that HERE), I like to take off my eye make-up separately first, to make sure every last trace is gone. Here's how I got on with the four potentials:


  • I tried the Clarins Gentle Eye Make Up Remover Lotion first, which I actually got  as a complimentary sample with purchase. I detest the smell of this- I don't know what it is but it's unpleasant and not to my personal taste. To start with, I found this quite stingy on my poor peepers, which is odd, given that it has the word gentle right there in the title. Having said that, I was determined to persevere with it as I'm a big fan of Clarins and wanted to give it a fair go and it did settle down somewhat but I still wasn't overawed with it by the time I had finished it. It does work in actually removing eye make-up but the added discomfort to the eye meant it wasn't for me.
  • L'ancome Bi-Facil Double Action Eye Makeup Remover. This one, I loved. I also used a sample of this and got on very well with it. It has a delicate scent, doesn't sting or irritate my eyes and takes all of my make-up off, even thick mascara and eyeliner. It's one of those ones with an oily layer but it mixes very easily when shaken, something that bothered me about....
  • No. 7 Beautiful Skin eye make up remover. I did a whole review on this HERE but the outcome of that was that I wasn't a huge fan. This works to a certain extent- you don't have to scrub at your eyes or anything but again, the two layers didn't mix particularly well- I'd shake them like a mad woman and still end up with mostly oil on my cotton pad, which left my eye lids greasy and a bit uncomfortable. It was only 4.50 on offer though, so you know, not too shabby.
  • Lastly, the Nars Gentle Oil Free Eye Make-up remover. I quite like this one, it's scent free, non-irritating and does it's job well with very little effort needed. Confusingly, this says it's oil-free but it looks like there's a fine old layer of oil in the bottle..so, I dunno. Either way, this is a good'un. Again I only have a sample of this but I would definitely consider buying a full size.
Out of these four I've already purchased a full size of the L'ancome (that was before I'd tried the Nars, not sure which I'd go for now out of those two). Yes, the No.7 is reasonably priced and will save you a lot of money in comparison to the other three, but there's less in the bottle per ml and really, sometimes you're better off just spending that little bit extra to get a good quality product. 

Have you tried any of these four? What's your current go-to eye make up remover?
XX

13 comments:

  1. Hi! We like your pretty blog.^^
    Lovely greets Ara & Ale
    http://twoumbrellasintherain.blogspot.ie/
    Feel free to comment and we hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried either of these, I find that baby oil works really well on my eyes so I've stuck to that for years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've wanted to try that LancĂ´me bi facil for a long timeIt sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I bought Clarins hand cream in duty free recently and I found the smell so horrible I had to give it to a friend! So I'll be very cautious buying anything from the brand in future unless I get to smell it first.
    I'm using the MAC Cleanse Off Oil at the moment and I don't find I need a separate eye make up remover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't heard of that- I tend not to get on too well with pure oil cleansers but it sounds interesting.

      Delete
  5. Oh, wow, I love the Clarins remover! Especially the scent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that the newer one though? The oil/water yoke? I've heard that one is lovely, this one is slightly older.

      Delete
  6. I actually need a good eye makeup remover, must try one of these! Great post :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I hear LRP and Vichy do good ones too, might be worth checking them out! xx

      Delete

  7. interesting blog. It would be great if you can provide more details about it. Thanks you




    Gentle Makeup Remover

    ReplyDelete