Image Map

Thursday 14 August 2014

YSL Baby Doll Kiss & Blush | Review

I love pretty much ALL YSL make-up ever so when I spotted my sister using one of their brand new Baby Doll Kiss & Blush products, I knew I had to have one and thankfully, she bought me one for my birthday so everyone's a winner! Hurray! She had Rose Epicurien, a slightly paler pink than what I have here, which is Rose Libre, no. 3


The idea behind these is that they're a dual product, as the name would suggest. You can use them for both your lips and your cheeks. The formula itself is something quite special. It feels like velvet on; super soft and with almost a matte appearance but yet not a lipstick and it's also not in any way glossy or sticky. Just like a little cushion on your lips- it looks just like a smooth wash of colour. It's really rather something. The first time I used it I just kept maniacally smushing my lips together going "ooh..hmm..well now..that's interesting" etc, like Sherlock Holmes on opium….and then, then I tried it on my cheeks. 

Please ignore my dry lips, it's not the YSL's fault. Must. Drink. More. Water.

Now I'd seen a lot of people saying they didn't think it worked as well as a blush but I love it for that too. It just melts into the skin, no issues with blending, it's completely natural and again feels cushiony-soft on. The shade is perfect for me; it brightens up my complexion and makes me look like I've just gone for a walk on a crisp Autumn day but better than that..more like someone with really great make-up who's just gone for a walk on a crisp Autumn day. I also love wearing the two together with a bronzed eye, the mix of the shades is really pretty and although I usually avoid being too matchy-matchy with my blush and lipstick, somehow this just works really well. 


Another thing is the packaging itself, I mean it's your typically beautiful YSL "make everyone jealous" bottle with a classic gold lid. The wand itself has a little sponge applicator shaped to fit the groove of your lips, making application a doddle (no need for a mirror here) and when I'm using it on my cheeks I just dot a bit onto the back of my hand and then blend it in with my fingers onto my cheeks. 


It's that easy. I throw it into my bag and it is the handiest "touch-up" product I think I will ever use. On that note; on the lips, this usually lasts well for me but I need a touch up after eating, although even then there's still a good amount visible. Cheek wise, I haven't needed to touch it up but I haven't really put it through any rigorous tests yet as I am house bound so I'll have to get back to you on that one. Lastly, the scent is as always with YSL, that gorgeous mango/fruit cocktail smell that makes me think of holidays. Mmm.

If you want one of these for yourself (and personally I think you'd be mad not to), they're €29.00 each, which is, I know, very pricey indeed but you're paying for quality here folks and there's no point telling me that you could buy 10 cheaper lip or cheek products for that price because none of them can do what this does or how it does it. So there!

Have you tried any of the YSL Baby Doll Kiss & Blush? There's about 12 in the range so plenty of colour choice if pink isn't your thing.

XX

18 comments:

  1. I'm a sucker for a good smelling make-up product, not sure how this would react on my very oily skin though!
    I love the way you described the flush "it brightens up my complexion and makes me look like I've just gone for a walk on a crisp Autumn day"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, it really does have that fresh look to it. Not sure about oily skin to be honest, it seems to settle into my skin easily but I can be quite dry.

      Delete
  2. These have been on my wishlist since they were released. That colour looks fab on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula! Yeah, they're just a really lovely product.

      Delete
  3. That smell. I actually love YSL for their delicious smelly goods! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I love it too! Must go check out your lipstick post actually!!

      Delete
  4. It's beautiful in every sense of the word! Packaging, everything. Stunning. And I LOVE that top photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! Yeah, it's my new favourite make up thing. May need other shades!

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous post, Chloe - this is lovely on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colour is lovely on you Chloe. I'm a bit shit at cream blushes, but that looks easy enough to use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh it's super easy, literally requires no effort whatsoever!

      Delete
  7. oh it's so beautiful! As are you, really suits you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Breige!! What a lovely thing to say!! xx

      Delete
  8. looks beautiful on you! i love ysl packaging too, makes me feel like im sophisticated and grown up and like i have my shit together when in reality im a hungover poor 16 year old who doesnt even know what she's having for breakfast yet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha ha!! That's how I feel most of the time except I'm 30 and still not sophisticated! Thank god for ysl for helping us fake it a bit! ;) x

      Delete
  9. that is absolutely beautiful on you chloe! i have it in the shade "nude insolent" and it's a little too dark for me to wear on my lips but it is a super blush! i had it on holidays with me and it was so handy to use & easy to pop in your bag for touch-ups. I really love the colour of yours, there is a bright orange one which i'd love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace! Ooh I looked up swatches of that one, gorgeous colour!! I've seen the bright orange one and I'd love that one too!

      Delete