What's that you say? You're really excited about rummaging through my beauty trash with me? Yay! Me too! It's been so long since I've done an "empties" post that when I noticed I'd actually gathered quite the collection of recyclables I thought I may as well write it up. I quite like empties posts in general. It lets me know what a blogger truly thinks of a product now it's all used up and the crucial question; would they buy it again? Always a good indicator as to whether I NEED something in my life or not.
So on to the rubbish:
- My beloved YSL Shocking mascara. I've gone on at length about this before and already have a new one ready to go. It's my favourite mascara.
- Roger & Gallet Rose hand cream. I reviewed this HERE and loved it. I will most definitely be buying another one, it's a gorgeous product.
- Rimmel Perfect Match foundation. I don't know why but I haven't actually done a full review on this yet, must rectify that. I like this, it's good quality and a good price with a decent skin tone range. It works well for my dry skin and lasts nicely throughout the day. I'm already on to my second bottle.
- Clarins flash balm. I squeezed the bejasus out of this to get every last drop; I love the stuff. I use it as a primer and it brightens up my skin and makes me look far more awake then I actually am. Will most definitely repurchase. You can read more about it HERE.
- This is a mini size of a L'ancome Hydra Zen moisturiser, one of my favourite products from the brand, which I spoke about HERE. I love these little tubs, they're so handy for travelling. I'm currently trialing about three different moisturisers but I would definitely come back to hydra zen at some point. I do prefer the one for sensitive skin though.
- This is a surprisingly nice antibacterial hand gel from Tesco. I know it's boring but I'm including it because it was cheap and smells lovely. I've since found a new love in Soap and glory's hand maid but this is a great option for having in your bag.
- I'm actually stupidly proud of this one but I finished a lip gloss. Yes, that's right. I don't think I've ever done that before. This was a Revlon Super Lustrous Gloss that I got in THIS haul and just couldn't stop wearing. It's a beautiful shade (Berry Allure), perfect for my skin tone with no shimmer, just pure deep pink pigment. I loved it and will definitely repurchase.
- Boots acetone free nail polish. This was grand and cheap but again, I've moved onto a Lidl one with a clever lid that does the job far better and is super cheap so I wont be buying this one again.
- This Ginger Burst Body Wash was part of an Origins set I got for Christmas and reviewed HERE. I love the scent of ginger and this was a lovely way to wake up in the shower on cold mornings; it's a very warming and invigorating scent. Would definitely buy again.
- I was so sad to see the end of my Ziaja micellar water. This is an absolute wonder product, taking off all traces of make up with no stinging or tightening of the skin; it's part of their sensitive skin range that I reviewed HERE. I'll be buying a new one and I'd urge you to try it too.
- Joico K-Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor hair mask. I spoke about this HERE. It's an unusual one in that it smells and looks a bit like mashed banana but is actually a really good hair mask. I had this for a bit long so it stopped working as well towards the end but I would buy it again if I didn't already have several other hair masks on the go. I like Joico as a brand in general.
- L'Oreal Elvive Colour Protect Shampoo. This was one my hairdresser recommended to me when I dyed my hair red there a year ago and I guess it worked..it was hard to tell to be honest. The colour washed out of my hair at the same rate I think it would have anyway but I felt like I was doing something to help prolong it at least. I've used it since going back to blonde and the same thing really; not 100% sure of it's effectiveness. It's grand. Certainly a lot cheaper than a lot of other "colour extend" products on the market. I'm probably not going to buy it again as I have my eye on a purple toning shampoo for blondes instead.
- Lastly, I forced myself to finish this Gentle shampoo from Viviscal which I reviewed HERE. I feel like I may have been a bit harsh in that review because I didn't also have the dietary supplements that go with the shampoo and conditioner and perhaps I could have had a different result had I done so. As it stands, I didn't like either the shampoo or conditioner and felt they did nothing for me. Will not be repurchasing.
And that's all my trash for now. Anyone tried any of this lot? Thoughts? Is everyone proud of me for finishing a lip gloss?!! Let me know in the comments.