What you''ll need..
200g softened Butter
50g Icing Sugar, sieved, with a bit extra to dust the biscuits with afterwards, for decorative purposes.
Zest of one Lemon (I used two cause they were small)
200g Plain Flour
1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Lightly grease your all-important two trays.
- I creamed the butter and icing sugar together in my KitchenAid but you could easily do it by hand, as long as the result is that it's light and mixed well. Add lemon zest, flour and baking powder, beat quickly until all combined.
- Roll mixture into small balls in your hands (no non-creepy way of saying that, unfortunately), place on baking trays and press down lightly with the back of a teaspoon to create the indentation you can see in the photo.
- Bake for 10-15 mins, remove from tray and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- When cool, dust with icing sugar.
- Scoff noisily with a large mug of tea and pretend it's somehow healthier than the chocolate cake you would've made, cause, you know, LEMONS.
All boxed up and ready to go!