Image Map

Monday 26 January 2015

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Captivating | Review

I first wrote about this blush in a Sephora haul post from last year (HERE) but due to my overwhelming blush addiction I only really got around to using it properly in the last two months. I'm kicking myself that it took me that long because this fella is now one of my Holy Grail products. That's a big claim to make but this has everything I look for in a good blush; excellent and long lasting pigmentation (I put this on in the morning and I'm still wearing it at the end of a 13 hour day in work), it's easy to apply and blend, with a flattering and soft-focus finish so it doesn't look like I'm caked in the stuff, Bosco-stylee. 


If you're new to Tarte, they're a US based brand that believe in "eco-chic" cosmetics, using a cruelty-free ethos and naturally-derived ingredients. Their 24 hour Amazonian Clay blushes are amongst their best-sellers, along with beautiful eyeshadow palettes, Amazonian Clay foundation and their popular lip tints. You can find out more from their American website HERE (one to remember if you're going stateside any time soon) or you can find them closer to home on the UK QVC site HERE

Also, the packaging looks like a Polly Pocket:


Bonus.

Captivating was a re-release for the brand last Summer but I'm not sure if it's now part of the permanent line or not. This is a warm, peach toned matte in a very natural hue that can be lightly applied for those with paler skin tones or built up for darker skin tones. I think it would work equally well for both. 


I will definitely be picking up more of these if and when I visit New York again, they're just an excellent product overall and definitely one of the best blushes I own. 

They're £23.50 with a brush from QVC and around $26 in the US

Have you tried any of the Amazonian Clay blushes? Apart from Tipsy, what other shades do I need to try?
XX

9 comments:

  1. Oh that is a pretty colour. I've yet to try anything from Tarte, must have a nose on the QVC website.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had a look myself earlier, they've only three different blush shades :(

      Delete
  2. I just recently got Tipsy, this is a fab shade though! I love a good peach blush.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I think it's really flattering, I was always more into pinks before but I'm loving the peach!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this on my list of products to try this year, I've never seen a bad review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely all round blush I think, it suits so many skin tones.

      Delete
  5. Oh you're right, it IS beautiful on! ;) Love peachy shades

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I always wore pink before, surprised how nice peach is on!

      Delete