Image Map

Wednesday 14 January 2015

Current Skincare Regime

In the last month and a half I've unintentionally started an entirely new skincare regime, so I thought now would be a good time to talk through what I'm currently using.
My skin veers on the dry/sensitive side so I've been packing in the serums, oils and super moisturisers of late. Observe:


Oskia London Renaissance Cleansing Gel*. This is unsurprisingly, a gel cleanser in a thick formula that smells faintly of roses. Full of vitamins, minerals and collagen, it's designed to keep skin strong and supple. You apply this to dry skin, adding a little warm water to emulsify and then remove it with a damp muslin cloth. So far I'm really liking this, it doesn't dry out my skin and takes off all of my make up, leaving my skin feeling fresh. I forgo this for removing eye make up though so for that I return to my old faithful, L'ancĂ´me Bi-facil.

My lovely friend Aundrea from Dancing With Disaster gave me this Diptyque Infused Facial Water to try out as she knows I like all things fancy. She's not wrong! There's no alcohol in this and combined with a blend of nine plants and flowers, it feels like pure refreshment for the skin. A word of warning though- it's rather pungent, fragrance-wise and takes a little while to get used to! Worth it though!

In the mornings I've been using Aqualia Thermal serum from Vichy, underneath my moisturiser. Containing Vichy Spa Thermal water, this leaves my skin soft and hydrated without that sticky feeling that you often get with serums of this formula. You can use this at night too but I've replaced that with..

..Clarins Double Serum Complete Anti-Age Concentrate. I've wanted a full size of this for a while now after trying and loving a sample of it last year so I hunted it down in the sales and got it for a bargain price (you'd want to really as it costs about 70 quid otherwise..eep). The bottle is made up of a dual chamber; containing two different anti-ageing serums that you pump to release and then blend together before applying to the face. A couple of things about this; it smells incredible, is super comforting at night and my skin feels smoother every time I use it. Every damn time! Worth all the monies. 

Under my eyes, I've been using Drops of Youth Eye Concentrate* from The Body Shop for a while now and am liking it. This is a cooling roll on with one of those little metal balls so it's particularly effective first thing in the morning. It contains Edelweiss plant stem cells to smooth the appearance of lines, bags and tiredness. I like it the most for underneath my concealer as I think it provides a good base. This is a little bit sticky and needs some help to sink in so I pat mine in with my ring finger and I'm ready to go.

Lastly, my current moisturiser of choice is this fella from La Roche Posay; Nutritic Intense Riche. That's right, I brought out the big guns. If you've got dry skin, this is heralded by many as the moisturiser you need to use, especially in the colder months. It's quite heavy and takes some massaging to be fully absorbed but it's working well so far. The strong fragrance is again slightly off putting (I'm annoyed because when I originally smelt this in the shop, it seems to be fragrance-free. The sealed pot however, was not. Hmm) and I'm not sure yet if it's too thick for use throughout the year but we'll see. 

Have you tried any of these? What's your current skincare go-to?
XX


*Indicates a product was provided by a brand/pr for review. As always, all opinions are my own.

9 comments:

  1. Love the Oskia Cleanser & I've used that La Roche Posay moisturiser for my night cream before & like it! Would love to try that Clarins serum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Clarins is just so good. It is for anti ageing but it works for all skin types and I think it's an ideal serum.

      Delete
  2. I've been toying with getting the Clarins serum for ages now but can't make up my mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, the price really put me off for a long time but I had to get it in the sale and I'm delighted I did!

      Delete
  3. I'm confused by the Clarins Double Serum, it's loaded with mineral, which would be a barrier that stops other products being absorbed by the skin, yet it's for use before moisturiser?? If it was used like an oil afterwards is understand, but I just don't get it. I tried a sample & it didn't suit me at all, but I'm combo/oily so it's probably much more suited to dry skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't know what to tell you! It works really well for me, so I'm happy out with it!

      Delete
  4. That Oskia cleansing gel will be mine. Have to use up all those I have already though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used up my Eve Lom first before I'd allow myself to start it!

      Delete