Image Map

Tuesday 7 May 2013

Eve Lom Cleanser

Eve Lom Cleanser

I've previously spoken about my love for Eve Lom HERE so I've been really eager to try the much loved cleanser from the brand, especially as Vogue have described it as "probably the best cleanser in the world". Wowzers! For the past year I've been really loving my Liz Earle hot cloth cleanser (review HERE) and didn't think anything could replace it in my affections, until I started using this little beauty.  It contains a unique blend of four aromatic oils (Chamomilla flower, clove leaf, eucalyptus leaf and hops cone oil- it smells amazing!) to cleanse, decongest and soothe, while the woven muslin cloth that accompanies it helps to improve circulation, open pours, cleanse, exfoliate and tone the skin in minutes. 

Eve Lom Cleanser

This has a really unusual texture- in the tub it looks a bit like a thicker version of Vaseline but as soon as it's on the fingers it begins to melt and becomes a sort of oil/milk hybrid. Not sure I'm explaining this well but it's possibly the most unique product I've come across. You apply it to dry skin using circular motions, dip the muslin cloth (which is huge by the way) in hot water and place and leave on the skin for 5 seconds, repeating that action 3 times. You then rinse the cloth in warm water, and remove all traces of make up (including eye make up), then rinse the cloth in cold water and hold to the skin for 5 seconds to close the pores, then gently pat dry with a clean towel. Phew! I will say that while that sounds like a lot of fuss for make-up removal, I first encountered this method of cleansing during an Eve Lom facial and my skin felt incredible afterwards so it's definitely worth the effort and once you start doing it, it quickly becomes part of your nightly routine. 

Eve Lom Cleanser

The pot contains 100mls, in the usual beautiful Eve Lom packaging and although this was a present, a quick search of the interwebs informs me that it is horribly expensive at £55 per 100mls. Aargh!
Personally, I love this and think it's worth the price. It feels incredibly luxurious, like a mini facial in the comfort of my own home every night. Having said that, I almost feel like I should be "saving it for best", (as Russell Brand would say) so that makes me unsure as to whether I would buy it myself. However, it does make a fantastic gift- really, gifts should be the sort of lovely extravagance that you wouldn't splash out on yourself so this is ideal for that. 

You can pick it up along with the rest of the Eve Lom range on Feel Unique or you can have a look in a Revive salon if you're in Dublin.
So, what do you think? Interested in Eve Lom? Willing to spend a small fortune on your face?!

10 comments:

  1. I'm willing to spend more on skincare because I think it's important and have to say this sounds gorgeous, I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I generally am too to be honest, I'll have to wait and see if I'm willing to splash out by the time I finish it!

      Delete
  2. I've always wanted to try try this, but, holy feck its expensive

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too pricey for me right now
    maybe after I've enrolled my son.
    Nice review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you have the Eve Lom facial, that sounds like it would be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In Revive Spa on the way to Dundrum, across from Wilde and Green. If you click on the link in the post at the start, it's a post all about it! :)

      Delete
  5. I think it's too much for me to consider paying without having tried it, but what an amazing present, it's lovely to have something luxurious to treat your skin with, I wouldn't call any good skincare product a waste of money, it's so important to look after skin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really lovely present exactly for the reason that I wouldn't have spent that much myself- such a nice treat!

      Delete