Image Map

Friday 5 October 2012

Ojon Shampoo, Conditioner, Hair Serum and Finishing Spray

I'd been wanting to try Ojon for a while but I had fared pretty badly with Morrocanoil Shampoo and Conditioner (more on that at a later date) so was a bit wary of the whole hair oil phenomenon. Having said that, I absolutely love the K'erastase Elixir Ultime oil so I said I'd try Ojon's 4 piece starter kit of shampoo, conditioner, serum and hairspray.


Ojon describe their damage reverse range as "the ultimate do-over for damaged hair", "helps to restore health to hair exposed to chemical-processing, sun or excessive heat styling" and "90% said hair was healthier looking in a consumer study". So far, so good.
The starter kit contains 4 bottles- mini sizes of shampoo (60mls. "To help repair damaged hair in the shower, unwinds tangles to prevent breakage, smoothes, hydrates and helps restore health"), conditioner (60mls, "Helps seal in moisture and create the perfect buffer against daily damage. Instantly detangles") and restorative finishing spray (67mls).
The craic with Ojon products is that they contain pure Ojon Oil (retrieved from the nuts of the Ojon tree. There's also a big mad long winded story on their website about a trip to the rainforest, a machete and a 500 year old tradition. I'll let you look that up for yourself, otherwise we'll be here all night), which apparently is "nature's hair-repairing golden elixir" along with various other oils, all designed to strengthen weakened, dry, damaged hair. So that's me then. My hair is in bits.
Unfortunately, I just didn't get on that well with these. My hair is quite thin so I think using the shampoo, conditioner and serum together may have been too much for me, they kind of loaded my hair down and instead of leaving my hair bouncy and shiny- like the extremely happy looking lady on the box, it ended up lank and sad looking. Boo.
The finishing spray, which "provides lightweight hold and conditioning for a natural finish and shine" is basically just a fancy hairspray. It did the job grand but I wouldn't repurchase this on it's own- a can of Elnett would be just as effective if not more so and certainly much cheaper.
On the plus side, they all smell lovely- a nice light florally scent and are a handy size for travelling, which I will be using them for. Also, I like when brands sell mini collections like this, it gives you a chance to try out their products without spending a small fortune on getting all the regular sizes. I got this set on the House of Fraser website a couple of months ago and I've gone back to check the price for this but it appears to be gone. It is still on the Ojon website, but the price is in US Dollars- 39 to be exact. Other than HoF though, Ojon is also stocked in Arnotts, if you don't want to buy online.

No comments:

Post a Comment