Image Map

Wednesday 12 July 2017

Irish Bloggers Made Me Do It!

I'm sure that over the years since I first started blogging that I've enabled others into buying things and that's equally true of all the bloggers I know, love and follow and the effect they've had on my own poor, cowering bank account!

I love blogs and bloggers- I trust the bloggers I follow and I know if they recommend something, then it's good. That got me thinking about the things I've bought or tried recently and who enticed me to pick them up!
There's loads of other bloggers aside from those mentioned here who only need to mention something and I want it but we'd have been here forever so I've narrowed it down to recent buys! 



This is really only a small smattering of the many products I have bought thanks to my fellow Irish bloggers but these are some of my recent faves. 


Sue from Cherry Sue Doin' The Do
Sue is particularly spot on with the fancier things in life so I kept the Tartelette palette filed way in my brain after seeing her recommendation. I think Sue might have actually featured this on her instagram rather than her blog but she praised this palette from Tarte and while I was stateside I fell for it too. I haven't had a chance to review this yet but I love it. Sue was (as always) right, the shadows are buttery soft and so pigmented. Plus they smell like Kinder Bueno, so, bonus. Unfortunately for me, I got this all the way home in my case in perfect condition and then dropped it on my wooden floor at home. Typical, as I am the clumsiest person in the world. As you can see, it's not in the best condition anymore but I still use it on the regular.


Gemma from Beauty Nook
Gemma has a great eye for bargain beauty products and is always way ahead of everyone when it comes to new releases and new trends. These Cream Puff Blushes from Max Factor have been out a while now and at the time, Gemma championed them, so of course I had to try them! These are fab and feel like a much more expensive product than they are.
You can read Gemma's post HERE.


Lorraine from John, It's Only Make Up.
I love Lorraine. She's super witty and make up looks gorgeous on her, with some of the credit for that owing to her extensive skincare knowledge. It's because of Lorraine that I bought NYX Taupe Blush and The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% & HA Spheres 2% (HERE). Granted, I had been aware of the cult following that that particular blush has when used as a contour for pale skin, but it was only when I saw it on Lorraine's blog (HERE) that I added it to the list. I'm still not sure how I feel about that Vit C suspension but Lorraine introduced me to the brand and has more posts on what to try from them HERE and HERE


Sinéad from The Beautiful Truth
Sinéad is a blogger, a mum and a teacher so when she recommended Moxi Eye Catcher Cleasnsing & Correcting Buds on TV3 for when you're on the go, I had to try them for myself and I love them! My eye make up is usually pretty smudged after an 8 hour day in work so if I'm on my way somewhere at that stage, I have a few of these ready to go in my bag! If you don't know much about them, they're essentially cotton buds that when activated (snapping the top), they release make up remover to one side, which you can then use to clean off any smudges or mistakes. You can find these in Penneys.


Sera from The Style Guide
Sera is an absolute gem for finding niche products that I didn't know I needed til she tells us all about them! I could spend hours reading her blog- her writing is just the best. After seeing her post on face masks, I had to buy a 10 pack of these bargain-tastic under eye collagen gold masks from eBay. I love them, they're packed with serum that leaves my skin really soft. Plus, they make me look like a superhero. Win-win.
HERE's her review.


Emma from Ol' Green Eyes
Anything Emma puts on her face instantly makes me want to go out and buy it- she's a stunner! I had been debating buying Charlotte Tilbury's Pillow Talk lipstick and then I saw it on Emma and sure, that was that. And I love it!
There's a review from Emma HERE and my own HERE if you're interested in seeing it for yourself. I also want a pair of Emma's tassel earrings but that's another matter..


Karen from Lovely Girlie Bits
I had seen the Charlotte Tilbury Dolce Vita palette on Karen's blog long before I bought it (as a getting-out-of-hospital-present for myself) and it was seeing what that bronze shade did to her irises that made me want it. This is a perfect little palette- great for the blue or green eyed amongst us. As Karen would say, you need this on your eyeballs, stat! (I added the 'stat' part myself). 
You can see it in action on Karen's face, HERE



I'll probably make this a series cause there's really no end to the brilliant Irish bloggers that are out there who influence all of my purchases!
If in the meantime you need more ideas, check out Andreea of Your Beauty, Yavanna of Make Up Monster, Edel from The Pharmer's Journal, and Siobhán from Beautylymin, to name but a very few. 

So, Confession time! 
What have you bought because of an Irish blogger and which of my purchases here have you tried?
To the comments!
XX




3 comments:

  1. I've not tried any of these and am feeling positively bereft because of it!! ;-) The C.O. "pillow talk" lippy looks a gorgeous colour, might have to try that out - what have you done?! haha!!

    Rebecca
    xx
    www.peppermintdolly.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I own a few of these and love them! I'll have to think about what Irish bloggers have influenced me to buy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought those Max Factor blushes because I saw Lovely Girlie Bits talk about them! They're lovely, I got two shades but I really want more!

    ReplyDelete