Image Map

Monday 18 May 2015

Lloyd's Pharmacy Introduce: SkinEffect

More and more these days, pharmacies are becoming our go-to for beauty bargains, sought after skincare and niche brands as well as advice and a box of Lemsip. Lloyd's Pharmacy are no different and have recently launched their own skincare brand, Skineffect, as part of a new campaign to promote healthy skin and bodies across Ireland over the Summer months. 
As well as the seven hardworking products from the range, if you call in store you can have your skin assessed using a skincare analysis system to help determine your skin's needs. I think this is a great idea- so many people are unsure of their skin type and end up buying products they don't need. This will save you money and help your skin. Winning! 
The analysis is a questionnaire done there and then in store and means that a bespoke skincare regime can be created for you that includes not just cosmetic products but also supplements (some of which I have been given to try out- more on that at a later date!)
For now though, here are the products that are available, there's currently 30% until May 26th (yay!) so I've reflected that in the pricing:


Of the four products above, I've tried the Anti-Ageing Face and Eye Serum and the Intense Anti-Age Face Cream. Both are free of parabens, allergens and colorants, are light, easily absorbed, non-greasy and smell incredible! The moisturiser in particular is very comforting on the skin and left me feeling soft and hydrated. Two enthusiastic thumbs up! I'm auld now folks, I need all the help I can get and I love a good anti-ageing serum/moisturiser combo, plus those prices are too good to pass up.


I'm always trying new hand creams in the search for the Holy Grail so that'd be my pick here, along with the body lotion for my super dry skin. I would find that body wash a bit too pricey for my tastes but if you suffer from sensitive skin this again contains no added allergens, parabens or colorants so could be a good option for a lot of people. 

What makes this range different is a new innovative ingredient, exclusive to Skineffect called HydraMatrix. I'm not a scientist nor do I pretend to be so here's what the brand says of that:

HydraMatrix hydrates the skin, fighting moisture loss, nourishing the skin to maintain hydration to soothe and stimulate cell regeneration while stimulating the immune protection mechanism, reducing the oxidative stress of UV rays and renovates the natural hydration level of the skin day after day. All products in the Skineffect range also work to delay the ageing process.

So now!

While you're in looking at this lot you'll notice Lloyd's also carry Nuxe, Caudalie, Clarins, Eucerin, Trilogy, Neostrata, Avene and Dermalogica, all much sought after skincare brands.


You can visit the website HERE to find details of your nearest store or you can also order online with next day delivery. 

What do you think of the skin analysis system? Is it something you'd be interested in trying?
XX




2 comments:

  1. Definitely, I actually have a Lloyd's near me (very small but they do have an impressive range of Nuxe/Vichy/LRP) and the prices are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent prices! It's great to know what's not in a product, but I'd love to know what actual ingredients are in the range.

    ReplyDelete