Image Map

Monday 1 September 2014

Nails By Rebekah

I've been following the lovely Rebekah on Instagram for the last couple of weeks and have been admiring her work; she runs her own business from home and does two week manicures and gel nails. I was delighted to take her up on her offer to try them for myself, being a lover of all things nail polish!  Here's how I got on:


I went for the two week manicure (like shellac, so it should stay chip free for up to two weeks before it grows out and needs to be removed) in very Autumnal colours; a brown/burgundy with a gold glitter accent nail and mine look great apart from a couple of very small bubbles on two of the nails (in fairness, it is part of the service that if you're not 100% satisfied you can return to have it sorted but it's not enough of a worry for me to do that, I'm only mentioning it to provide a thorough review). 
And I've already received lots of compliments, yay! I'm also slightly obsessed with that accent nail..I'm thinking a full set of the gold glitter would look amazing!

Rebekah is qualified in shellac nails and although she's also a full time student she has a certain amount of appointment slots every week; ideal for debs, weddings, nights out, holidays or just for treating yourself. I love getting shellac done when I know I have a few events coming up but I'm not a huge fan of the cost. In the past I've gone to Mink in Ballsbridge (because it's literally down the road from me) but I haven't gotten shellac done from them since last year as I'm saving and a two week mani with them will set you back around €55 with an additional €10 for removal. That's…crazy expensive.

Amazingly, Rebekah charges only €15 & €5 removal for the two week mani (using either two colours or colour and crystals), €10 & €5 removal for two week mani (using just one colour), €25 for gel nails in one colour and €30 for gel nails with colour & crystals etc. 
You can also avail of her loyalty scheme whereby the 6th appointment is free, which is pretty cool.
That right there is amazing value and if you're living in the south of Dublin and are trying to save money like me but still want to treat yourself then this is a great option!

You can check out the rest of Rebekah's work HERE on her Instagram page, or if you want to make an appointment you can email her on nailsbyrebekahx@gmail.com

Are you a fan of shellac or are you more of a change-my-nail-polish-daily sort?
To the comments!

XX

14 comments:

  1. Great price and love the colour combo you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic value! I get gels done every 3 weeks (my one blow out to make up for the fact that I'm a brutal nail biter) and it can work out very expensive in some places. These are gorgeous, the accent nail is fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah it's nice to get them done as a treat, I would too if it wasn't for work!

      Delete
  3. I was admiring your nails from a wee glimpse on instagram..love the colours. I've never had gel nails before but these are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary! I think they're nice as a treat every now and then especially when you can get them for a good price!

      Delete
  4. I haven't had gel or shellac (but then again I haven't actually painted my nails in months either) but I love the combination you went for ! Very autumnal. And sparkly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks missus! I decided it's finally time to embrace the cold weather again, what better way than with nail polish!

      Delete
  5. These are lovely Chloe. I get gelish nails done regularly and what I love is that they leave such a smooth surface. It means I can paint over them with regular nail polish, use regular (non-acetone) remover and viola i still have the gelish colour underneath!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear they help aid nail growth too which seems like a huge bonus!

      Delete
  6. Such gorgeous colours! Love the accent nails! x

    Alex | PinkElephantBlog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the shades you picked, especially the sparkles! :D

    I've actually never gotten my nails done professionally before as I can't bare to spend the normal mad amounts of money on something that will be sure to chip within minutes (purely as I'm full of bad luck) and bite off the rest or damage it in bleach water. But I would really be interested in Rebekah doing mine for such cheap prices! I've had a look at all her Instagram photos and they are all so good. If I was nearer her I wouldn't think twice about booking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're fab aren't they? I love all the crystal ones she does for debs etc too.

      Delete