Image Map

Friday 26 September 2014

MyChelle Dermaceuticals Deep Repair Cream & Creamy Pumpkin Cleanser | Review

New to House of Fraser Ireland is the MyChelle Dermaceuticals counter where you can have a free skin analysis to decide exactly what your skin type is and what you should be using specifically for you. I love this idea, so many people are unsure of what skin type they have and this takes the guess work out of it. MyChelle have been around since the year 2000 and are cruelty free, vegan friendly and NOP certified organic so I had high hopes for their products when I was offered the chance to try them for myself. 

MyChelle Dermaceuticals Deep Repair Cream & Creamy Pumpkin Cleanser

I didn't have my skin type assessed as I was restricted by a bad back at the time and couldn't make it to HoF but at the ancient age that I am, I've figured out through years of trial and error that I have dry/sensitive skin. I don't suffer from dry patches but my skin can feel tight, stretched and dried out if I don't use the right products for it. 

MyChelle Dermaceuticals Creamy Pumpkin Cleanser

I've been trying out the Creamy Pumpkin Cleanser; a purifying, moisturising, hydrating and vitamin-rich creamy moisturiser to keep your skin ultra-soft and clean. Suggested use is a small amount massaged into the skin with warm water, rinsing completely and then moving on to serums, moisturisers etc. For me, a cleanser is no good to me unless it can take off my make-up so I put it to the test with a full face of slap, including loads of eye make-up. I removed it with cotton wool and it worked really, really well. I had no make up left upon checking afterwards with a toner soaked cotton pad and my face didn't have that tell-tale tight feeling that you get with some cleansers. I think that may well be due to the ingredients; free from parabens, phthalates, ureas, petroleum-based chemicals and artificial colours, which all sounds rather good. What it does have is vitamins and exfoliating enzymes, pumpkin fruit and honey to hydrate and refine the skin's surface, blue green algae which is rich in minerals and antioxidants to fortify the skin and help soothe any redness or irritation. I really like this cleanser. The smell is actually good enough to eat; I get a hit of ginger, honey and lemon with a bit of coconut. It feels really comforting on and I would definitely recommend this fella for those of you with dry skin.

MyChelle Dermaceuticals Deep Repair Cream

I've also been using the Deep Repair Cream for dry skin, designed to revive youthful radiance, improve firmness, strengthen the skin's barrier function and support cellular renewal. This guy contains Kombuchka Black Tea to improve the smoothness of the skin, algae derived Venuceane to protect collagen and prevent moisture loss and shea butter for extra nourishment. This has a light, inoffensive herbal-scent and reminds me a bit of Dr Hauschka products. It has a light weight almost gel-cream texture but needs to be well massaged to be absorbed by the skin. At first I struggled a bit with this one; I wasn't sure whether it was thick enough for my dry skin but I think that may well be just that I'm not used to a lighter formula. I've found that when I spend extra time massaging it in it either absorbs well and leaves my skin feeling softer or else it creates a ehm..balling situation (I hope you have some idea of what I mean there, no other way of describing it unfortunately) on my skin, regardless of how well I've cleansed beforehand. I'm not sure why it only does that occasionally but I'm assuming it's an issue with my particular skin as there's no reason for it to only do this every now and then- I'm wondering is it leftover cleanser and I'm just not washing that off properly before moisturising. Other than that I do like this, I just need to figure out that one issue! I do think it would work for the most sensitive of skins as well. 

Have you spotted the MyChelle counter in House of Fraser? Would you try out their skin analysis?
XX

4 comments:

  1. I know that "balling" you're talking about - hate it! The cleanser sounds really nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually so great, my skin as been in great condition since I started using it!

      Delete
  2. These sound lovely, especially the cleanser. If it takes off all the makeup it's win win too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those all sound delicious!!! of course i know they are not edible, but you know…

    ReplyDelete