Image Map

Sunday 29 June 2014

Soap & Glory Bright Here, Bright Now | Review

I featured this fella recently in a Boots and pharmacy haul (HERE). Bright Here, Bright Now was half price at €10.65, down from €15.99. I had ran out of my Clarins Flash Balm (one of my all time favourite products) and as I'm trying to save a bit of cash these days, I thought I'd try out this "instant radiance boosting balm" instead. 
This contains moisturisers for all skin types, such as apricot kernel oil, soft-ƒocus Luminospheres-SF and quick lift Instantight 2
Although who really knows what those last two are.

Soap and Glory Bright Here, Bright Now

First off, this has a very unusual scent. I finally figured out what it is; a combination of mint, fruity/floral and almonds. That might be just what it reminds me of but either way, it's strong so if you're not a big fan of heavily scented face products, this may be one to stay away from. In appearance it's a light fluid with a pearlescent finish but once blended onto the skin it's virtually unnoticeable (hence why I haven't shown an after photo- it literally looked the exact same on camera).

Soap & Glory suggest using this on clean skin, "whenever your face is flagging", as a moisturiser or to mix it into your makeup. 
I have dehydrated skin and found this a bit too light to use as a moisturiser on it's own so I've been applying it after my daily moisturiser, as a primer (which is how I used Clarins Flash Balm). I think it's a good consistency to use as a primer, because as I said, it's a light fluid and sinks in easily. I've yet to mix it in with my foundation as I more wanted this as a primer so I can't comment on how well it works for that. 


I'm still a bit on the fence on this one, I'm not 100% sure that it's as brightening as it's designed to be and although they're different products I definitely prefer my Flash Balm, which makes my skin look fresher and more awake, without the use of luminising agents. 

Having said that, this is a nice product and is good value for the price. 

Have you tried Bright Here, Bright now?
XX

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean-Clarins is by far the best but it's so expensive- I'm happy to use this for days at work when I can't be bothered with anything else! Still lusting after Flash Balm though x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's what I'm using this for too! I will eventually treat myself to a new flash balm! x

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried it, but from your comments it looks a bit like you're doing another step and buying another product which has little to no actual effect on your skin. I've never really gotten on the primer bandwagon though, I'm reasonably low key when it comes to skin care and make up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't say it has little to no effect, I quite like it, it just doesn't do what the more expensive, fancier version of it does, which is not that surprising!

      Delete