Image Map

Sunday 23 December 2012

Liz Earle Intensive Nourishing Treatment Mask: Review

So, as we all know by now, I love an auld bit of Liz Earle. I adore the hot cloth cleanse and polish, toner and the moisturiser and am quite fond of the exfoliator in the range too. Given that, I said I'd like to branch out and try something different along with my usual order. So I added in a mini version of this nourishing treatment mask. This is only 15mls for 6.25 and to be honest, If I'd known it was just like one of the mini sizes they pop into your order for free for you to try I probably wouldn't have bothered. Because, lets face it, 15mls is a very small amount. I felt a bit gypped when it arrived, which is really my own fault for not reading the sizing on the website properly. Ooops.




The product itself is fine. It contains St John's Wort, borage, comfrey and rose scented geranium to "soothe and deeply rehydrate". Suitable for all skin types and a similar consistency to the cream Cleanse and Polish, this is applied in a thick layer to the face and neck after cleansing, left on for 10-15 minutes (during bath time is a good idea) and then wiped away using a muslin cloth soaked in warm water. It is supposed to leave skin "softer, smoother and hydrated" and while I like it (my skin was soft afterwards), I just didn't feel like it made a huge improvement overall to my skin after using it several times. There's pretty much none of it left now but I don't think I'll be picking up the larger version, I'm more than happy to stick with my Origins Overnight Drink up mask instead :)

Has anyone else tried this? If so, what did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment