Image Map

Sunday 7 May 2017

Charlotte Tilbury Secret Salma & NYX Nude Suede Shoes- the Perfect Combo!

When I blogged about Charlotte Tilbury's beloved lipstick Pillow Talk (HERE), I mentioned that I had first fallen into the nude lipstick loving ways by using this lipliner from NYX, Nude Suede Shoes, in combination with Secret Salma, one of the Hot Lips Lipsticks- created in collaboration with 12 women (this one is Salma Hayek), to raise money for a charity; Women for Women International

Charlotte Tilbury Secret Salma  NYX Nude Suede Shoes

 When these first came out, I swatched up a feckin storm in Brown Thomas to find the right shade for me. This is a deep-rose plum designed to bring out Salma's "beautiful brown eyes, adding instant sultry Latin sex appeal". Now, I don't have and never will have either brown eyes or sexy Latina sex appeal but somehow, this pink looks very nice on me indeed. In fact, if you head over to the website, you can see how this shade looks on a myriad of skin tones, which is quite cool. 

 NYX Nude Suede Shoes lip liner

The nude lip liner will pretty much work with any lipstick shade, including Pillow Talk so it's a good buy. This is actually my second one, after I lost my first one (it will now no doubt show up after I've bought another. It is probably at this very minute in the car, under a seat, next to an empty diet coke can).

Charlotte Tilbury Secret Salma

This is one of the Matte Revolution formula lipsticks, so expect a matte but with that super softness that CT has become known for- she calls it "cashmere-soft", due to the addition of orchid extract. I loved her Bronze and Glow palette but aside from that, I think lipsticks are what she really does best. If you're looking to treat yourself with something from the Tilbury counter, a lipstick is for sure the way to go. The formula itself is really lovely and super pigmented to boot plus, would you look at that packaging?! Beaut!

Charlotte Tilbury Secret Salma & NYX Nude Suede Shoes

As you can see, they aren't a perfect match for each other- there's much more brown in Nude Suede Shoes than there is in Secret Salma but there's also just enough pink and brown in both that they manage to work well together. 

Here they are on my face, more importantly:



What do you think?
Are you a Charlotte Tilbury fan?
I also have Amazing Grace, which deserves a blog outing too but for now, what other CT lippie do I "need"?! To the comments!
XX



3 comments:

  1. I love Secret Salma too! I must buy some of those NYX lip liners. Have you bought Pillow Talk lipstick? xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister got this for me after I was telling her how much I like it on you!! It's such a pretty and easy to wear shade. Amazing Grace has been on my wishlist for ages but I just haven't gotten around to getting it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never use lip liners, I really have to get my arse in gear and I'm way behind on the CT lippies too! Both look gorgeous on you

    ReplyDelete