Image Map

Monday 23 February 2015

Herbal Essences Clearly Naked | Review

A while back I was sent the new Clearly Naked range from Herbal Essences to try out and since then I've been using the shampoo, conditioner and sheer shine mist. All of the products contain 0% parbens and colorants while the shampoo also has 0% silicone. The fragrance throughout is white tea and mint, which smells beautifully fresh and clean. The idea with these is that they provide moisture in lightweight formulas and because they contain no baddie ingredients, they won't strip your hair either.
Here's my thoughts:

Herbal Essences Clearly Naked

Shine Shampoo
If you have dry, rough hair this is the one for you. Since I last coloured my hair a couple of weeks ago, it's been brittle, hay-like and super dry. My hair feels so soft since I started using this, it's shinier and, it's clean. Like, squeaky clean. It actually squeaks. Because it's a lighter shampoo, it leaves no residue behind and it isn't weighed down by product. You can find it in Boots for €2.99 for 200ml.

Shine Conditioner
This is a very light conditioner that replenishes moisture from root to tip and leaves a natural looking shine behind. If you prefer a heavier conditioner for your locks, then avoid this. When I say it's light, it almost feels like a gel-cream but because of that, it spreads easily and evenly throughout the hair. Again, my hair is really soft from using this, I can't actually stop touching it. I'm surprised I like this so much because I normally prefer a thicker conditioner but this has been working really well for me so far. Again, this is €2.99 for 200mls in Boots at the minute.

Sheer Shine Mist.
Yes, I've lost the lid for this. It happens to every bottle/container that enters my house. Anyway, this is a shine-boosting formula that lightly conditions to revitalise your hair. This can be sprayed on wet or dry hair to add extra shine. I've tried it both ways. I use it every time I wash my hair; onto towel dried hair, pre-drying. I find I need to spray this fairly liberally to get the desired effect but when I do, my hair is noticeably shinier, which is no mean feat for a blonde. It also makes my hair easier to comb through when wet. I've used it dry for those Monica style crazy hair days too. I find that it doesn't last as long when I use it that way but that may be just my hair being weird. Overall though I really like it.

So it's two thumbs up for the new Clearly Naked Shine range. 
You can also get these in Volume and Moisture Rich options and there's a dry shampoo I'm interested in trying too. 

Are you a Herbal Essences fan?
Any of these tickling your pickle?
XX



4 comments:

  1. Sounds amazing & great value too! Will have to get some next time I'm in Boots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only tried the dry shampoo which I love but after reading this the rest of it is on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't used Herbal Essences since I was in Secondary School and the bottles had pictures of flowers/herbs on the bottles! Will keep an eye out, I like a heavier conditioner but the shampoo sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried the shampoo and conditioner and liked them too, very good value!

    ReplyDelete