Image Map

Thursday 9 August 2018

Clarins Summer 2018

Summer is almost over (I know, I know, I'm sorry) but the sun is still inexplicably shining brightly over Ireland and you can still get your hands on the rather beautiful Clarins Summer 2018 collection. I'm here to tell you why you should. 
Every year I look forward to the Clarins Summer releases- this year is no different. They epitomise Summer for me; bronzers, bright lips and slicks of eyeliner, pops of aqua coloured mascara. It's all you need for the freshest face at the warmest time of year (apart from sunscreen, obvs. Get it on ya!).



With that palm tree adorned gold packaging, the Supra Mascara screams Miami to me. I love that shade of green and I was really excited to use this, but I find it only works for me when I apply it over black mascara, and it really needs a few coats to build up. This fella is €26. 


Stationery fiends, assemble! You're gonna want the 4 Colour All-In-One Pen, a clickable, retractable
eye and lip liner pen. 
There's one lip liner; a fuchsia. This is a lovely bright pink, ideal for this time of year. 
The other three are for the eyes; an aubergine, turquoise, and a black. 



I tend not to wear purples a huge amount on my eyes, as they don't accentuate my blues as much as I'd like, but I've been using the green and the black lots. I love that turquoise for a slick of colour, it feels really fresh in a market that's saturated with nude eyeshadows at the minute. 
Plus, how handy is it to have this in your bag- four colours in one for €36.


Next up, the Water Lip Tints. I have three of the shades; Violet Water, Rose Water and Red Water. There's one more that I don't have, Orange Water
All four are designed to be as light as water, but tint your lips with a punch of colour, hence the name. Up to now, we've had similar ideas from Clarins and lots of other brands too; lip oils or lip stains (that dried the bejaysus out of your lips). 
This is unique in that it feels like a good mix of the two. I always loved lip stains for that beautiful water colour effect it provides, but I can't stand how dry they left my skin. 
These however, are really comforting on. I wore one of them all day at a wedding with regular touch ups after food, Prosecco, smooches etc and my lips felt perfectly soft afterwards. 
These are definite winners. 


They need some attention during application; you can't just lash these on and go. I apply, then blend with a finger, making sure it's not giving me an added lip line that I don't want. You can build these up from the lightest hint to a fuller hit of colour. I usually put on one or two layers, then add a balm over it. 
I love how this looks- it's so very pretty. 
Like you've been lying in the sun eating raspberry ice pops. 
See? Perfectly Summery. 
My favourite is Violet Water, because I gravitate to those shades naturally. On me it comes out like the aforementioned raspberry, while the Rose Water looks like a neon pink, and Red water is an orange/red on me. 
I like all of these, at €21 they'll last you well and I find them to be quite versatile. 

Have you tried anything from Clarins Summer 2018?
Anything catching your eye?
XX


No comments:

Post a Comment