Image Map

Wednesday 28 June 2017

The Baby Box | Review

As a midwife, I'm often sent interesting press releases about products that can help new parents or parents to be and I don't usually talk about them here or on my social media (it's not what my blog is about, in spite of the name!), unless I feel they're really innovative or something you would all like to read about. 
Step forward, The Baby Box!
This is an Irish company you can only find online (HERE) that provides complete new-born baby gift packages, full of essential and luxury items for babies for their first 9 months, and an ideal gift for new parents to get them off to a great start. 
You can choose from a variety of sizes and prices with a full 10 versions of the Baby Box available, ranging from €25 to €250 and all with free delivery.

The Baby Box

So far, so great, right? Well, I've even better news because for every box sold, 10 children have been vaccinated from measles, polio and tetanus. The Baby Box is celebrating their first year in business and simultaneously are celebrating the milestone of vaccinating 10, 000 children from the developing world in partnership with UNICEF. That's pretty amazing and when I heard that, I had to share that with everyone- I personally spend a fair amount on baby presents for friends of ours and if I could be doing some good for families in need at the same time, I would have been all over this, long before now! Such a great idea!

The Baby Box

The concept of The Baby Box originates from Finland, where they have drastically reduced their infant mortality rates through providing "maternity packages"- essential items for the first 9 months of a child's life, otherwise known as The Baby Box! 

Business aside, you probably want to know what's in it!
Quite a staggering amount actually:

The Baby Box

Milton Antibacterial Hand Gel (great to pop in your changing bag for when you're on the go), a cuddly elephant toy (squee!), 2 100% Cotton Extra Large Muslin Swaddles (underneath the elephant! These always come in handy and you can never have enough of them).

The Baby Box

Burt's Bees Getting Started Kit, including Baby Shampoo, Baby Lotion, Nourishing Baby Oil, Diaper ointment and Buttermilk Soap (I love everything Burt's Bees related- the Mummy Bee set is lovely too), Tommee Tippee Complete Care Baby Health & Grooming Kit and a packet of Water Wipes.

The Baby Box

Tommee Tippee soothers, BabyKing 100% Pure Cotton Giant Pads (great for cleaning bums!), Sudocrem (the original and best.. Is there any house in Ireland without a pot of this I wonder?!), a 100% Cotton Hooded Towel and 100% Cotton Luxury Bath Robe (imagine how snug the baba wearing this will be after his or her bath!)

The Baby Box

A pack of Pampers New Baby Nappies and a bag of Irish Breeze Extra Large Cotton Balls.

The Baby Box

I love this, it's so unbelievably soft. 100% Cotton Luxury Blanket.

The Baby Box

A box full of gorgeously soft baby clothes in beautiful gender neutral prints (no pink or blue here so you can give them without worry!), including 3 vests, 2 sleep suits, 2 hats and 2 bibs, all 100% cotton. 

The Baby Box

You'll also be interested to know that you can use this particular box itself as baby's first crib, as it contains a mattress that conforms with top international safety standards for crib and cradle safety. If you already have a crib you can use this as a second one for staying in grandparents/siblings houses, or to have somewhere else in your own house, like downstairs. 
The box is strong and sturdy and easy to move. It's recommended you place it on a flat, horizontal surface and once baby is able to sit up, kneel or pull itself up, you shouldn't use it anymore. So handy!

The Baby Box

It also comes with its own 100% cotton fitted sheet and the mattress cover is machine washable
This fella is €250 but as you can see, everything you need is in there. If you think how mach baby grows alone cost, it's good value! 
I feel this would be a really lovely gift for first time parents, especially if it's a family member or a close friend that you want to treat and help out with the cost for their upcoming transition to being parents, which let's face it, can be incredibly expensive. If I had to choose another option from the site to give as a gift, it'd be the Baby Bath Kit, which has everything you need to bath your little one. 
Very cute!

The Baby Box haven't paid me to talk about this, they sent me the box to see what I thought and I really love both the concept of the gift and the charitable message behind this company. 

If you want to read more about the ethos behind the company, you can have a look HERE.

What do you think of The Baby Box?
Is this something you'd buy for a loved one?
To the comments!
XX


2 comments:

  1. I love this. It's a great idea, and I love that there's no gimmicky rubbish in it, everything is decent and useful and *whispers* no Johnson's stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, in my country there is no tradition of getting baby box as a layette from government in hospital or doctor. But I think it’s a really wonderful idea and I decided to order personalized box from Lovely Baby Box: https://lovelybabybox.com for my sister. My sister and girls who attended baby shower were amazed by the Lovely Baby Box. The design of the box is so sweet and beautiful, so my sister said it could be great memory box when it will be too small for a baby to sleep in it. Also all the stuff, included in the set is so practical - very cozy clothes and useful accessories.

    ReplyDelete