Image Map

Thursday 11 May 2017

Summer Scents 2017

I am one of those people that has to change around their perfumes depending on the season. Some are perennial favourites, like this Chloe perfume for instance, or my all time love, Hypnotic Poison, which will always remind me of nights out, regardless of the time of year. Some though, are perfect just for Summer and so I've rounded up the three that I've found myself gravitating towards since April, when we first began to feel a slight shift in the weather. 


My sister gave me the Diptyque Baies Palet Perfumé as part of my Christmas present and although it is a stunning scent that I would easily wear throughout the year, in palette form, I felt it was better suited for Summer- the scent is so fresh and berry-ish that it straight away made me think of all the windows open in the house, blowing a breeze through the warmth but also, freshly washed clothes and gelato, for some reason. But then, I probably do think about gelato more than your average person does anyway. Because it's a room fragrance, this one is a bit of a cheat but I don't care, I love it. My house is gonna smell delightfully Summery, all, er, Summer long. 

Diptyque Baies Palet Perfumé

I was sent a bottle of White Musk L'eau from The Body Shop recently- this is a new release for Summer this year and is an updated version of the classic Body Shop fragrance, White Musk, which we all either had or constantly went into the store to spray all over ourselves back in the day. That said, when I smelt this, it in no way brought me back to the 90's and my tween years, in case you were hoping for a walk down memory lane. 
Yes, it has a hit of musk in there but it feels more like that's there to balance the fresh, floral that's there too. That means that if you like a light, feminine perfume but you don't like something too sweet, this is perfect for you. It's rather lovely.
Oh and look at that bottle. The Body Shop packaging is so sleek and refined, I love it. Perfect dressing table bottle.

White Musk L'eau The Body Shop

Lastly, is Estée Lauder Bronze Goddess. Every year, Estée Lauder releases this as a limited edition for the Summer. Up until now, I've always lusted after it but never actually bought it, until I was flying home from Crete and found the last remaining bottle on the duty free shelf for cheap. This is the Eau Fraîche Skinscent, rather than the Eau de Parfum, but it still lasts really well on my skin. This is the ultimate summer scent, in fact everyone who has met me when I've been wearing this has remarked that I smell like Summer. It's the combination of coconut milk, vanilla, bergamot, amber, jasmine and orange flower that does it. For me, that all translates to an instant hit of Summer- it smells like the sun on tanned skin, cocktails, sun lotion and long, warm evenings. I am obsessed. Now I want the Shimmery oil spray for hair & body and the illuminating powder gelee compact, which looks BEAUTIFUL. Swoon. 

Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess

And that, is that.
Have you already got your perfect Summer scent yet?
Have you tried any of these
Are you also a Bronze Goddess addict or is it White musk all the way?
So many questions!
To the comments!
XX

6 comments:

  1. I adore Bronze Goddess - it just scream summer to me! I want the new L'Occitane perfume for summer, oh and the new Jo Malone - not that I'm greedy! xx

    Beautylymin| LuxurySkincareGiveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, the new Jo Malone looks gorgeous!! xx

      Delete
  2. Bronze Goddess is just the absolute best. I've had it for the past few Summers and I can'y imagine a Summer without it now! Haven't tried any one these other ones (except for the original White Musk of course!)

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe i hadn't tried it until now!!

      Delete
  3. I have been meaning to pick up Bronze Goddess forever - you just reminded me! PS- Love the tropical make-up bag <3
    Becca | theBeautyInbox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becca! Yes, go buy it now before it's gone!! X

      Delete