Image Map

Wednesday 28 January 2015

What's In My Trash #3!

It's that time again! The time for me to save up my empty beauty containers and show you all my trash. A time honoured beauty blogging tradition.


Vichy Idealia Serum. I really liked this during the summer, it's a nice light serum with an illuminating finish so it sits well under make up. I've scraped every last bit out of this one but I'm using Vichy Aqualia Life serum at the minute so I probably won't get this again.

J'adore L'Or perfume by Dior. Himself buys me this as an anniversary present every year, which is great for him as it means he's sorted for life for a gift idea and it's great for me as I'm a little bit obsessed with this perfume. It still has undertones of the original J'adore (my wedding perfume) but is much stronger and perfect for the whole year round. Love, love, love it. I already have a new, unopened bottle, ready to go! Read a full review with base notes and all that jazz HERE

Cocoa Brown Gentle Bronze is one of my favourite products and I'm already on to a new bottle. I use this throughout the week for a tan top-up, it gives a natural looking glow without the need for full-on tan application and has a built-in moisturiser, plus it's great value. Such a good product.

Garnier Ultimate Blends 7-in-1 Dry Shampoo. I got this last year to try out when I found it on special offer and because I was wearying of the chalky white after-effects of Batiste. Low and behold, I love this one. It smells strongly of vanilla and won't do much by way of adding volume but it really will give you another day out of your unwashed hair, without leaving a powdery residue on your scalp. Already onto a second can. Review HERE.

YSL Shocking Mascara. My go-to mascara, I generally wait to pick this up on offer in the duty free cause it is rather spend for a mascara but it is also worth it. I've talked about it before HERE

Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer. I love this concealer, it's my all time favourite but I'm trying to hold off on a new one for the moment, in favour of a cheaper high-street brand, namely Maybelline's the Eraser. Unfortunately, I can't find that in my shade anywhere so I may have to bite the bullet and cough up for the Nars again. Eep. Full review HERE.

This sample of Benefit's "That Gal" lasted me for ages as you only need a small amount each time. This is a primer that has a glowy finish but also leaves a smooth base, ready for foundation. I had a full size of this before and really liked it, I would definitely repurchase this but the price is putting me off.

Eve Lom cleanser (review HERE). I had been rationing the end of this but was afraid it would go off so I made concerted effort to finish it over the last couple of months. I love this cleanser and would definitely buy a new one if that didn't involve me being stoney broke afterwards.

Bumble & Bumble thickening hairspray. I got this free with a magazine last year and although I like it, I'm not 100% sure it's the best out there for adding volume, so onwards and upwards now it's empty!

This sample of L'ancômes La Vie Est Belle has also lasted me a really long time, even though there was only about 5mls in it. I feel like this has some similarities to Victor & Rolf's Flowerbomb (one of my all time favourites) and I'm not alone as several people have asked me if that's what I'm wearing when I have this on. I would definitely buy a full size of this, it's a beautiful scent.


And that's my lot. Have you tried any of these? Any of your own favourites in there?
XX

15 comments:

  1. La Vie Est Belle was my Honeymoon perfume! Bought a bottle of it the first day there and fell in love with it. Just bought a new bottle recently, love <3 I'll be in Boots Friday, can look for that Maybelline thingy for you, presuming you are the lightest shade like moi? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you, just saw this now. That's lovely of you but YOU'LL NEVER FIND IT!!! I'm convinced this is a pr stunt to get us all talking about it ;) x

      Delete
  2. it's funny, i absolutely hate that garnier dry shampoo - find it makes my hair look greasy! really want to try that ysl mascara though.
    Zoë x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain with the Eve Lom cleanser. Love love love it but my purse doesn't. Haha. It's one of the only cleansers that I really like though, so dilemma. Haha.

    Grace from grace'd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The worst. I haven't come across any dupes for it either!

      Delete
  4. I'd love to try the Eve lom cleanser but my god, its mad! Maybe I'll be able to nab a sample somewhere and see if it suits my skin enough to fork out. Great post lady! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! Yeah, I think a sample is the way to go. mine was a gift, I couldn't afford to buy it myself! x

      Delete
  5. I love love Benefit That Gal but you're right the price is a little off putting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm considering it though now that it's empty, I haven't found a cheaper alternative that's as good!

      Delete
  6. I'm on the hunt for the Maybelline concealer too but adore the NARS one for concealing redness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely still use my Nars but I hear that the maybelline is excellent for undereye bags..I need it!!!

      Delete
  7. I'm at the very dregs of my NARS concealer now too and trying to decide whether to repurchase or wait till I use the other 6789495 concealers I own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A common beauty blogger dilemma I believe! ;) I should probably do the same to be fair..

      Delete
  8. Thank you! Yeah, it's well worth a try!

    ReplyDelete