Image Map

Monday 10 March 2014

La Roche Posay Rosaliac CC Creme | Review

I recently attended the launch of La Roche Posay's new CC creme, designed specifically for concealing and correcting redness-prone, sensitive skin whether occasional, persistent, dispersed or localised. It's available in one tone only, a universal tone designed to blend naturally into fair to medium skin tones, so somewhat ideal for Irish complexions. Since the launch I've been trying it out and putting it to the test on a very warm hospital ward and these are my conclusions!


I've actually never used a CC Cream, only the BB versions and I found myself generally underwhelmed with those as I tend to favour more of a medium coverage. BB creams tend to be quite sheer in nature. I feared the same for this but as it's designed to cover unwanted areas of redness I figured the coverage would be more impressive and it definitely is. Even with better coverage, I still wouldn't wear this for a night out, more so for day time and work. And on that note, it has good lasting ability, is non-greasy and blends well. 

swatched and blended

On to there being one shade only...that is something that always worries me a little too as I am naturally quite pale. I do find this looks slightly more natural when I have some tan on my neck but otherwise it is maybe a little too warm for me. I do think it'll be perfect for the Summer months when I'll wear tan more frequently though. I'm wearing tan with it in the below scary close-ups of my face and I think it suits me pretty well there. 

terrifying close up of my face, no filter.

I guess I don't really get a huge amount of redness on my face, I don't suffer from Rosacea or broken veins so I can't comment as to how well this works for that but I know that it's a good, light base that leaves my skin feeling soft, smooth and fresh looking. Another bonus is that it has SPF 30, so perfect for the warmer weather when you want a light coverage for being out and about in the sun.


The La Roche Posay Rosaliac CC Creme is available now in selected pharmacies nationwide. If you do suffer from redness-prone skin, LRP recommend using the accompanying skincare range which I'll go into more detail about in a later post. Have you tried this? Is it something you'd be interested in?
XX

15 comments:

  1. Looks gorgeous and very natural on you Chloe, as someone who suffers with redness a good bit, this sounds ideal for the summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'd say it'll be perfect for Summer alright!

      Delete
  2. That looks gorgeous on you Chloe, love anything that has built in spf too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely on you, I'm all about Asian BB Creams so usually find anything this side of the water a bit disappointing but this looks nice on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I must try out one of the Asian ones actually!

      Delete
  4. Looks lovely on you, I'm all about Asian BB Creams so usually find anything this side of the water a bit disappointing but this looks nice on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janey mac, it looks really dark in the swatch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Once it's on my face it seems to adapt to my skintone really well though!

      Delete
  6. Wonder if it would do anything for me and my rosy cheeks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely worth a try! They seem to have all the science behind it!

      Delete
  7. It looks lovely on you - I think a few people find it a touch too dark but happily for me it works with my sallow skin. Liking it lots x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma! It's lucky I've been wearing tan more lately, works well with that! x

      Delete
  8. Looks lovely and really like the fact has built in spf too!!
    Adele
    acesparklestar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete