Image Map

Friday 26 October 2012

Hand Creams-Battle to the death! Garnier, Norwegian Formula, Clarins and L'Occitane

I recently finished off a tube of L'Occitane Shea Butter hand cream and a tube of Clarins Creme Jeunesse de Mains.


The Clarins was a present so I have no idea how much it cost but contains 100mls of rather nice smelling but completely useless cream. It is a nice formula- light weight and very easily absorbed, no greasiness but also fairly ineffective- I felt my hands were as dry after use as before. The tube in the picture is completely empty- I gave it a good go but wouldn't buy it again. After that I wen't on to L'Occitane's Shea Butter hand cream (30mls)- I picked this up in Chicago a couple of years ago for 10 dollars and have squeezed every last bit out of the tube- this is lovely. It smells gorgeous, is really moisturising and sinks in straight away. I would happily repurchase another one but I know for a fact it's a lot pricier over here than what I paid for it in the States!


I used Garnier body Intensive Moisturiser  all Summer and really liked it so I said I'd give their "Intensive 7 days hand cream, SOS-Repair" a go (most dramatic name for hand cream of all time). 100mls for 3.89 euro, containing Shea Butter and L-Bififdus (no, I still don't know what this is), I thought this'd be a bit of a bargain. I was wrong. The bottle specifically says that the formula is non-greasy and non-sticky. I, however found it ridiculously greasy- uncomfortably so, to the point where I felt the need to wash my hands straight away after rubbing it in. Ugh. Just the thoughts of it.
Dr. Fancy Pants has agreed to start using it for his crazy dry hands while I then moved on to Norwegian Formula's Nourishing Hand Cream with Nordic Berry.


This one was 5.59 for 75mls, so a little bit pricier but definitely worth it. It smells divine- really fresh and not overpowering. It has a light, instantly absorbed formula and thankfully not a smidge of greasiness in sight! Huzzah! So for the moment the Norwegian Formula wins but obviously if I were to lift my self imposed shopping ban, it'd be L'Occitane all the way!

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking of trying the Clarins one. Think I might go for L'occitane :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try the L'Occitane! It's way nicer and probably cheaper too!xx :-)

      Delete